Driver door actuator

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

Hi guys,

unfortunately my driver's door actuator is getting stuck and I cannot open the door. I did spay wd40 and then it works for few day and gets stuck again. I read and it's a common thing with Nissan/Infiniti cars :( :( Does anyone have some good store where I can order the door actuator for some reasonable price?

thanks!

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If you don't mind going with something used, check eBay or a local salvage yard. I've had decent luck with car-part.com for finding certain things locally.

piSSko

Thanks NJguy! have you maybe tried to fix the actuator? Is there anything that can be fixed on it so I don't have to buy another one? What would be the reason it gets stuck, a spring issue or some plastic part?

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Fortunately for me, while my EX had other issues when I owned it, I never had a problem with the functioning of the doors.

I was looking up some posts in this forum about door actuators, and actually found one of your old ones in which you said the cables have gotten rusty. With their condition, it looks like the problem will eventually return. I think the best long term solution for you is to replace the entire part.

WD40 is ok for general purpose work in the garage, and it probably worked well enough to free up some rusted moving parts in the door actuator assembly. Since WD40 is so thin, it was probably able to creep and flow through the entire cable. But at the same time, WD40 seems to evaporate in short time and it's effects don't last all that long. If you still want to try a cheaper solution and would like to use something with a bit more staying power, maybe you can try some white lithium grease instead. It does come in spray form, but I don't think it'll penetrate and flow in the cable jackets as well as straight up WD40. But if you want to try it out, apply it to all the moving metal parts you see on the door actuator assembly, and give us an update on both how well it works and how long it lasts.

piSSko

Thanks a lot NJGuy, hope you are enjoying your Honda Accord :)

Update:

the cable got broken for outside handle which Ive got replaced, worked for few days and door again won't open. Looks like the actual actuator got jammed completely and by pulling handle I might get cable damaged again. The main issue is I cannot open door at all and have no clue what to do now lol. I can just say, never again Infiniti :(

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”