Driven the car for just over a week now (2007 Infiniti M35X)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
m11ilt
Car: 2007 M35x

After driving this vehicle (2007 M35X all options available) for just over a week now I'm still in love with it. Best handliing car I have ever been in. If I could change a couple things it would be the fuel door would be on the Drivers side. It would make it a lot easier and avoid the embarrasment of pulling up to the pump on the wrong side. ONly other thing would be to enhance the floor mats. I have totally black. They seem a little cheap and do not have the infinity emblem on them as my I30 did in the front and back matts.SMall complaints but nothing to defer the purchase. What do you think???

infinititech1

as for the gas door...there is an arrow on the fuel gauge pointing to the side of the gas door

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

My 2006 M35x has the infiniti logo on them,however it wears out from my foot rubbing on it and now looks like crap; so you may be lucky in that regardtk

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

I think you will find that every advanced car sold in the world today, all European, some Japanese and a few US, have the gas cap on the passenger side. This is a safety issue. Most of the US car manufacturers have never changed this - probably because everyone is use to the old way. Remember when they all had the cap under the rear plate - a real safe idea!

MattB
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30A

Why is it unsafe to have the gas cap on the driver's side?

eshatilla
Car: Infiniti M35X

The reason it is safer to have the gas cap on the passenger's side is in the event you run out of gas and pull over on to the shoulder on the highway (or on any road for that matter), you will will not be filling up with cars whizzing by you on the driver's side.

GixxerSteve
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX35, 2003 Infiniti G35

scjconsulting wrote:I think you will find that every advanced car sold in the world today, all European, some Japanese and a few US, have the gas cap on the passenger side. This is a safety issue.
eshatilla wrote:The reason it is safer to have the gas cap on the passenger's side is in the event you run out of gas and pull over on to the shoulder on the highway (or on any road for that matter), you will will not be filling up with cars whizzing by you on the driver's side.
This is kinda interesting, because both Britain and Japan are left-drive countries, however their vehicles have the gas cap on the right side for safety purposes...obviously not for the people in their own countries!

nyzgreatst

what happens when u pull over on the left side of the highway?! seems like a good idea but its got its flip side.

i also just purchased a 07 M35X. this car is just stunning. i love everything about it so far. i plan on doing the nav/dvd hack eventually and that will basically be everything i ever need in a car. now im just waiting for the first real snow fall to really test its AWD capability

mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

MattB wrote:Why is it unsafe to have the gas cap on the driver's side?
My understanding is that cars are more likely to be hit on the driver's side, because that's the side of opposing traffic.

But, as someone else noted, none of these cars have the filler on the left side in RHD markets.

It's not a major factor either way. If it was, there'd be more consistency. Many driver's prefer it on the driver's side because it's less of a walk.

My Mazda has it on the left side. My wife's Chrysler has it on the right side. Old Jag XJs had them on both sides, atop the rear fenders. Owners loved that.

ptk28164
Car: m35X

just got a 07 m35x with everything, am interested in the nav hack would you be so kind as to give me the web address where i may either do it myself or have someone else do it.good luck with yours!

sincerely,paul

[email protected]

SilverShadow

eshatilla wrote:The reason it is safer to have the gas cap on the passenger's side is in the event you run out of gas and pull over on to the shoulder on the highway (or on any road for that matter), you will will not be filling up with cars whizzing by you on the driver's side.
I know I will probably get flamed for this but I was told that the gas filler is usually on the the opposite side of the exhaust. I know the M has dual but if you check most single exhaust vehicles, you will see the gas filler is on the opposite side. FWIW, my wifes left hand drive 2002 Sentra has the gas filler on the DRIVERS side.

SilverShadow

tkeskic wrote:My 2006 M35x has the infiniti logo on them,however it wears out from my foot rubbing on it and now looks like crap; so you may be lucky in that regardtk
What really irritates me is that Infiniti does not sell just the drivers mat as a replacement.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”