drifting sway bar trick???

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
driftiteasy0113
Car: SR PIGNOOOZZZE

hey guys i was wondering if any of you remove, unbolt one side, or keep your sway bars for drifting? I am wondering what this does for the car?what benifit? any info is helpful, HOLLA!

driftiteasy0113

BUMP

ricers1
Car: 1990 240sx

ive never heard of anyone doing this... all it would do is make your suspension almost "softer" ,harder to handle.

removing the sway bar would cause a harder weight shift. its definatly weird to drive. i wouldnt do it. usally people want a stiffer suspension for drifting.\

you can try it and see how it does though

driftiteasy0113

reason i ask is because alot of low power drifters do it around here....and im not quite sure why... Thanks for the reply's, anyone else have any input on this?

TerminalVelocity
Car: 1996 240sx

Removing your front sway bar makes the rear more loose in comparison to the front. This allows you to oversteer more easily... which is why you've noticed a lot of low powered drifters doing it. Note that this will also mean that it is easier to spin out. Give it a try if you want, though you definitely don't need it. I ran thicker sway bars all the way around when I was drifting on the stock motor. The KA has plenty of torque/horsepower to spin 205s through 235s depending on the tire.

Joe

anyone who removed a sway bar doesnt understand how suspension dynamics and handling works

leave it in.

extra body roll is always bad.

driftiteasy0113

ah i think i understand a little more.thanks guys!

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

yeah i run the no front way bar, ive experimented with almost every stock combination

i.e. stock bushings all around, poly bushigns all around, no rear sway bar and front sway, no front sway bar and rear, no sway bars period

the set up i found best for drifting is the no front sway and rear with poly bushings, full stiff all around (tein he coilovers)

when running no sway in the front i increase the front camber to compensate for added roll it gets and it seemed to work fine for me, its very predictible and it is slightly oversteer oriented but no so much that its spinout madness time

although i did notice that initiations need to be less aggressive but its not a battle for angle even on a stock kade

goodlucksause :dblthumb:

impact240sx
Car: 1993 240sx Sr20det Gt2871R 2003 350z 1991 240sx Sr20det 2004 Land Rover DISCO

I I broke one of my front sway bar links, and I rocked it like that for quite some time, but I couldn't really feel a diff, but that might have been because my stances are crazy stiff.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”