Drifting In Kentucky

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
ZeNkI S14
Car: 95 S14 (Redtop s13 sr20det built)

I am just checking if anyone is very highly interested in drifting in bowling green, ky at the beech bend raceway? I am taking serious inquiries to anyone needing track time at the track so I can present this information to the owner of the park. I need atleast 50 drivers interested into participating the drift session so we can promote the sport in kentucky and give us guys oppertunities in the drift world. And i have personally talk to the owner of drift day and he is highly interested in helping us promote the scene here as well. I need drivers that are serious and ready to go balls out on the track so if you are serious leave your message here stating that you are. I am focusing on the Ky, Tn, In, Oh areas. me and a few friends are trying to round this up and speak with the owner and see what the regulations are and how he wants to go about doing this but he also said to get atleast 50 drivers interested to being at his track this man is all about his money so guys if you need a place to drift let it be known here thanks.

thatS14guy
Car: 1995 s14

yea dude im intrested in drifting, i live in bg, and i was wondering my self where i could practice a bit, i just got my 240 maybe a month or 2 ago, i dont have a roll cage or anything like that but if possible, i would go, if i can go stock.

4x4le
Car: fully built s13 silvia clone drift car, s13 hatch daily driver

I would be down. You may be the same person that posted this up on another forum, or you could be someone else but there is interest in having drifting at that location.

The only problem I see with it in your post on here is I dont know if the owner has any idea how sucky it is having around 50 drivers at 1 event (for the drivers that is). It ends up being so much waiting around in order to get some runs in and you dont end up getting that much seat time. That could kill the chance of getting allot of drivers to want to return. I think I only got 20 runs in at the last event and it was very properly ran by people that know how to put on a drift event. There was like 48 drivers in that event. It was put on at a good well known venu at the Nashville super speedway and was put on by seda and traction optional.

So with that being said, I really think you need to bring these points up to the track owner and have him think of a more realistic number around 30 drivers. For an all day event for the first time at a new venu and the first time yall putting on a event and organizing it I really think you would have your hands full trying to get 50 drivers there and nearly impossible to get them to want to return. Less than 20 runs for the drive, hotel, registration fees ect isnt going to be woth it to most. Now if the group was capped at around 30 people that would be more like it.

The best way for a venu to support more than 30 drivers is when the track dont loop back and have the potential for head ons and then when a car makes it so far away you can send another. It is easy to cycle cars through quickly that way.

Last event after I did my 5 runs I had to wait a good hour for my turn to come up again.

hakujohn
Car: getting a 180sx with s13 front or a full s13

I am def down for that. however i dont have my car yet. right now im in japan but im moving back to louisville in about 4 months. There i am tryin to get my hands on either a 180sx and convert the front to s13 or get a full s13, and if i can i wuld love a R32 skyline. anyone know where to get any of those for a cheap price, preferably stock too. and once i grab one of those i will def love to drift in KY

DossMan
Car: 240sx

Yes, I am very interested.

dustyroads13
Car: 1990 300zx non turbo

I live in lexington... have a na 300zx but im trying to fix it up or get something better

kyhunter89
Car: 1989 240sx 5 speed

im from Glasgow... would this be on the aspalt circle track?

ZeNkI S14
Car: 95 S14 (Redtop s13 sr20det built)

It all depends on his standards my guess is the circle track and maybe the near future in the open lot. It would be nice to start one up here but I will have to some negotiations with the owner. Hopefully next year when he track opens again I will try to get hold of ur owner to find out what are his requirements.

darktalon2gnt
Car: 1992 240sx coupe 1994 q45

I'm from TN, on the KY border, once I get my 240 together I'd be down for it. I'm down anyway, but don't think I really want to drift my G50 Q45 or 93 s10, lol..

Kr5Kouki
Car: 1997 240SX, Silvia Clone.

edit*
Last edited by Kr5Kouki on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nofatchicks0073
Car: 91 hicas RIP
92 hatch RIP
89 hatch parts
90 hatch in the works

nice i just moved to ky im not sure how far i am from bolwing green since im not to familiar with the arae and im waaaaay out in the sticks where im at but id loved to have a place to legally drift the mountain roads up here are awesome for driving and drifting but hardly legal and if i get caught one more time driving on a suspended lic witch i cant get back for four more years its off to prison i go soooooooooo im definatly down to support an event keep us updated on the progress and is there a place to register so we know how close or far away we are to 50 person minimum

Jdmtodeath
Car: 1997 pontiac gran prix till after college

Is this going to happene again anytime soon cause i wanna come watch

Joshuatyler1
Car: Nissan 240sx coupe

I'm looking for drift spots in Eastern Kentucky

Kr5Kouki
Car: 1997 240SX, Silvia Clone.

My name is Mike, from Clarksville. BeechBend host drift events regularly.
http://www.beechbend.com/dragschedule.htm

Misfit Toys Racing will be practicing there as soon as our team car is finished. Kyle B already drifts his NB Miata.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”