Drifting Growth in the US

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

I've seen the 180sx truck and its bada$$!!!!!!! I love seeing it drift with a few tires thrown in the back :D

marshun

yknow what else is odd? i meet all kinds of people saying they drift here and there ALL THE TIME. but i never see them at these places. and when it comes to track events, they spin out everywhere.

most of the people who are ignorant about it on the net, are just keyboard drifters.

just like on drifting.com (i had to do it) i can try and correct someone and they get all bent outta shape about it.

SKAGEE
Car: cars

Hi,

Having competitions is one thing but I think the main obstacle for drifitng, which is in its infancy stage everywhere expect in Japan, is the lack of knowledgeble judges for the event. Judging is difficult especially when its been done by a person with no drifting experience. We have this problem here especially during our last event where points we're given highly on aspects that weren't normally given on a drift event. (Ie..recovery; a lot of the 'drifters' were given loads of point for recovery; where the look like they were about to spin but manage to control it rather than actual drifting). There was no doubt the jugdes were way beyond qualified in their fields (top race car drivers) but as for being Drift judges I think a bit of drifting experience is required.

I dunno but I still think that drift meet ups and clinics would be more useful at this stage of development of the sport.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

ok....I've seen the 180 truck an love it....what I was meaning was the guy wanted to take the truck lower it an thro sandbags in the back and try to drift just to make fun of the sport. if I could find the forum again and show you I would... I'm saying we need to "educate" ppl like him then, show them the true beauty of the sport, he is of the mind that drifters are all takumi wannabe's. If he wanted to take a 240 and make fun of drifting I would've said the same thing...cuz he could go out there and wreck a perfectly good car I could be driving!I have nothing against anything drifting, hell I'd give props to anyone who'd actually drift a slammed omnibus!

point: keep ppl who wanna make drifters look like takumi wannabe's and wreck automobiles for that prupose out of drifting events.

try to ask sum1 to explain b4 u call them a ****ing narrow minded clown :mad:

(and you DO have fun competing, it's human nature. when you come out on top you feel good, while you're driving you're having fun no? to know you pulled off a better drift than the next person, to know you're faster than them, to know you're having more fun....think someone needs to relocate their testosterone!) call me a friggin narrow minded clown will ya?just gatta say I'm a hot blooded bahamian an don't like dat!

marshun

just cause someone wanted to drift a truck you called him a fool.

thats wrong.

lots of people think we're just wasting tires because we're idiots.

NISTECH

I think american cars would be excellent in drift events with some suspension upgrades. The reason you see more of it in the import scene,in my opinion, The stock suspension on a import is much tighter then the american cars therefore you see more weekend general public drifting done by imports. The body roll in american cars is tremendous compared to any nissan I have driven. I frequently get to drive our stock of used cars and have this feeway on ramp I push the cars in when traveling around and down it. I can not push the mustangs and camaros as hard as I can push the Z's and 240's [just using those as examples since they are "performance" cars] I have done it wit other lines and it always seems to be the same result, imports tend to have much tighter suspension for hard turns and have limited body roll. The american cars tend to get "loose" much quicker and feel unstable in that situation.

I was gonna make a comment about my drifting my grocery getter[89 chev caprice classic] but then I saw this picture and well.......

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I think drifting an old 911 with equal size front and rear tires would earn some respect from real racers.

Can you say terminal snap oversteer? Didn't think so.

daniel

i think

the idiots will dieand my friends and i will live

thats itgoodbye

GEO
Car: 95 240sx KA-T

Drfiitng si gonna son be like like a accepted thing.

annunziato39
Car: 1990 240 (auto) sold 1992 240 260,000+ miles (rip) 1991 240 (sold) 2007 Infiniti G35 sport 6-speed (Current)

I LOVED my 85 AND 91 Caprice Classics, The drivers seat in the 91 was like a Lazy boy. You should slap on some big bright metallic decals on your door and flick that battleship. I think American Muscle cars are softer because of the driving that needs to be done. The Roads in America are one big long drag race, Road trips across country that take a week. They were designed for the open road and 1/4 mile strips. The roads in Japan are.... a little different, since the longest road trip you can take there is like driving across NY, but it might take longer because all the roads zigzag up and down Mountains. Their cars are made to "take the twisties" better, where US cars are made to drive into the vast open roads. I like'em both.

NISTECH

My favorite part of my caprice is I know if my wife or myself plows into one of the imports you can pretty much rip it in half, then get out assess the paint damage on the caprice,let the poor guy use my cell phone to call a tow truck to come scrape what remains of his car off the road and then be on my way to my destination.:D

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Yea speaking of that my 240 held up pretty well after being hit by a caprice. Friend has onme and boguht one of those undercover lights that cops use. Tried to pull me over...well knew it was him but just in case it wasn't i stopped (also was on a dead end road) Well the little s*** just kept on coming and ran into the back of me. Cracked his bumper sent his g/f flying into the fornt seat my other friend john hit his dash. He hit me going around 30mph. It was on a dirt road and my car got picked up and pushed about a foot. Scraped the paint off where he hit kinked my drivers side panel and kinked the spot under the rear middle lights in between the lights and bumper. Didn't get the cops involved but got a letter signed of him agreeing to pay all cost and had a date of which to pay by.All ready has passed. He's goign to my school next year and he's taking auto paint and body said he will fix then. So I guess in abotu 3 months now my car will be repainted for free. Or I can just go get an estimate and collect cash.

bdawg46

I went to Formula D last weekend and it was cool to watch, i loved seeing the mopar viper drift, along wit the GTO, there was even a mustang 5.0 there, and believe it or not, a El Camino, and to tell you the truth, i almost got tired of seeing so many 240's going (almost is the keyword ;) ), i think its nice to have a mixture, there were so many 240's there... (one of them "racing" had a stock KA too, just tells ya u dont need all the power to drift) not just racing or at the show but in the parking lot, its almost like startling from seeing one or 2 on the road everyday, to seeing almost every other car a 240, it was an awesome experience, if i had tires (aka money) to burn i would be drifting (or atleast trying to... :pface ) as well, just a nobodys quick 2 cents

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”