DRIFTING DIDNT GO WELL

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
driftczar
Car: mazda rx7 fc3s

bcar240 wrote:I know cops just are just doing their job, i wish the ones here were as cool as the ones up there. One night I just wanted to scare my friend and I pulled my ebrake going about 10 mph in a totally empty parking lot the size of a football field. I spun about 150 degrees around, not even a half circle. The cop pulled me over and gave a ticket for careless driving that actually said, "had no regard for the safety of others in the lot" (ummm, empty, that is why i did it there dumb@$$.) And he said I was tearing up my car and I shouldn't have risked our lives. It was also raining and he also kept using his loudspeaker to call and make me get out and stand in the rain besides HIS window, he could have pulled next to me. I was so pissed I called in a favor from a lawyer and got off scottfree w/ 10 hours of community service (not many places wanted me to help cause that was so few hours.) I think that cop had something to prove... I lost a lot of respect for our cops that day.
Yeah that sucks, but the cops around here are @sses too. He gave me a fine and i wasn't even drifting or in the car when he pulled up. The parking lot was open when my friend was drifting too and the cop started giving us all crap. Thats what i hate. I mean like he could have just been hapy we were not doing it in the streets and told us to leave but instead he had to give us all citations. And i got a question. If the cop does not write out a ticket on the spot when he catches u can he still do something?? I mean like maybe the cop just tried to scare us then again maybe not. Well good luck in the future with cops.

gogg
Car: 89 240sx silver hatch (burrito)

O M G ... the drama!

bcar240
Car: 1993 240SX HB

Yeah, that is what made me so upset about mine. Cause I know that there is so much other dumb stuff going on in the street that can actually be dangerous. I mean I was sittin there with the cop writing stuff up and I could hear people burning out in front of the movie theater down the steet and people revving the piss out of their cars like they were racing. I didn't ever even THINK he was gonna give me a ticket, I thought it was just gonna be a warning or something. I mean, with all the stupid stuff I have done I got ticketed for the one time I actually was being "safe" about it.

What type of parking lot were you in? I would think that trespassing charge is stretching a little if you were in like a grocery lot (although technically it is private property.) Also, about being able to give you a ticket later... Ya, cops can pretty much do whatever they want. I have heard stories of off-duty cops taking liscense numbers of someone driving bad, and the person gets a ticket in the mail. Or at the hearing in traffic court the cop changes his mind on the stand and changes the ticket right there just by telling the judge. crazy stuff

driftczar

bcar240 wrote:Yeah, that is what made me so upset about mine. Cause I know that there is so much other dumb stuff going on in the street that can actually be dangerous. I mean I was sittin there with the cop writing stuff up and I could hear people burning out in front of the movie theater down the steet and people revving the piss out of their cars like they were racing. I didn't ever even THINK he was gonna give me a ticket, I thought it was just gonna be a warning or something. I mean, with all the stupid stuff I have done I got ticketed for the one time I actually was being "safe" about it.

What type of parking lot were you in? I would think that trespassing charge is stretching a little if you were in like a grocery lot (although technically it is private property.) Also, about being able to give you a ticket later... Ya, cops can pretty much do whatever they want. I have heard stories of off-duty cops taking liscense numbers of someone driving bad, and the person gets a ticket in the mail. Or at the hearing in traffic court the cop changes his mind on the stand and changes the ticket right there just by telling the judge. crazy stuff
ohh well, crap happens. But the parking lot was like a grocery place. Actually it was an amish market which is only open on saturday and friday nights. and we were there on a tuesday night. NOt one car in sight and the @ss gives us ALL citations. Its like the cops have pms or something at the end of the month. cuz that is when people usually get caught. Where else do u mess around with ur car?? Where u wont get crap from cops. Cuz im going to an industrial park today and i hope that is a good place to go.

driftczar

bcar240 wrote:Yeah, that is what made me so upset about mine. Cause I know that there is so much other dumb stuff going on in the street that can actually be dangerous. I mean I was sittin there with the cop writing stuff up and I could hear people burning out in front of the movie theater down the steet and people revving the piss out of their cars like they were racing. I didn't ever even THINK he was gonna give me a ticket, I thought it was just gonna be a warning or something. I mean, with all the stupid stuff I have done I got ticketed for the one time I actually was being "safe" about it.

ohh well, crap happens. But the parking lot was like a grocery place. Actually it was an amish market which is only open on saturday and friday nights. and we were there on a tuesday night. NOt one car in sight and the @ss gives us ALL citations. Its like the cops have pms or something at the end of the month. cuz that is when people usually get caught. Where else do u mess around with ur car?? Where u wont get crap from cops. Cuz im going to an industrial park with some friends today and i hope that is a good place to go.

bcar240
Car: 1993 240SX HB

if the cop was ticket happy at the end of a month it was probably cause he had to fill a quota or something. A bunch of kids is a great way to do that because a court will always agree with the officer over the kids, and will not let them off easy because they are young and want to make examples of them. This system really sucks. the cops can just do about anything they want, and even if you are innocent it takes a lot of time and money to *hopefully* convince the judge.

My buddies and I found a nice industrial park as well. There is this one place in particular between two warehouses and a cop could only see you if he drove right by the front. one of the warehouses is abandoned and you can drive up a ramp and go right inside (polished floors are COOL.) I am the only one with RWD, so I get to have most of the fun

driftczar

Yeah well i got another story that just happened today.My friend bought a welded differential (however u spell it) which is pretty much an lsd. Well we put it in on Saturday morning and went to test it out. put some low traction tires on the back. Any way there is this company called Bowing which is some air plane/ helicopter factory. And the parking lot was open. Well we drifted there once, later, and then on the third time this security guard came out. He said that " this is pretty interesting and entertaining what u guys are doing but u cant do it here, the cops are on their way." so we were out of there. I was with my friend on his honda and i didnt' find out what he said untill i called my friend on the 240 and thats when he told me what the security guard said. Well at first all i saw was my friend on the nissan just get out of there as fast as he could when the security guard told him and my friend on the honda just followed. pretty crazy day. We have videos and will try and post them on nico. And we have pics of how we changed the differential.

Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

Driftczar.... a welded differential is not a LSD. Anyway, man you guys sure are into this drift thing. I usually only go out at about 2 in the morning and if it's raining. We have a great country road in the middle of nowhere in lots of corn feilds that's two lanes wide and the corner is 90 degrees. I do my practices there everytime it rains. Problem is, it's a good 30 min drive from my place. I'd say that's much better then a parking lot but whatever you can find is fine. Just be careful and don't mess anyones property up. Is your friend really that serious about drifting that he got a welded differential? That will pretty much destroy the handling of whatever car he's driving. I don't know how well that'll help in a drift either, I think it's only good for doing doughnuts.

For cop stories, I got one. I was pulled over and cited for not having my headlights on when it was sprinking and was bright @ss day outside. This lady cop pulled me over and said my headlights weren't on, I said to her that most of the cars don't have their headlights on. She then went on saying "Don't tell me how to do my job!" I'm like holy ****, give me the damn ticket and I'll see you in court. She of course never showed up and I got away but wasted my time. If a cop catches me doing something illegal, I'm not complaining, if a cop cites me for some bull****, man that just pisses me off. Oh one more thing, how come whenever you need them, they are never around and when you don't need them, there are so many around you could choke on them.

BuudWeizErr

how is a welded diff not an lsd? it locks... it definitely doesn't slipit's more of a diff than these retarded open diff (UNLIMITED SLIP!) morons.

driftczar

Silvia007 wrote:Driftczar.... a welded differential is not a LSD. Anyway, man you guys sure are into this drift thing. I usually only go out at about 2 in the morning and if it's raining. We have a great country road in the middle of nowhere in lots of corn feilds that's two lanes wide and the corner is 90 degrees. I do my practices there everytime it rains. Problem is, it's a good 30 min drive from my place. I'd say that's much better then a parking lot but whatever you can find is fine. Just be careful and don't mess anyones property up. Is your friend really that serious about drifting that he got a welded differential? That will pretty much destroy the handling of whatever car he's driving. I don't know how well that'll help in a drift either, I think it's only good for doing doughnuts.

For cop stories, I got one. I was pulled over and cited for not having my headlights on when it was sprinking and was bright @ss day outside. This lady cop pulled me over and said my headlights weren't on, I said to her that most of the cars don't have their headlights on. She then went on saying "Don't tell me how to do my job!" I'm like holy ****, give me the damn ticket and I'll see you in court. She of course never showed up and I got away but wasted my time. If a cop catches me doing something illegal, I'm not complaining, if a cop cites me for some bull****, man that just pisses me off. Oh one more thing, how come whenever you need them, they are never around and when you don't need them, there are so many around you could choke on them.
Dude how is a welded diff not like an lsd?? it is one of the closest things to an lsd. You are probably just confused. And i agree with u about the cops but its not like u can just make them dissapear. But the welded diff actually gives him better control and he can now drift better. Its the closest thing to an lsd. and we just put it in. the fluid in the old one smelled bad. But this one is like one out of three that have just been made. This one dude makes them by welding parts in there. i dont know the specific details. but it is his third generation welded diff. It runs nice and slides even better. but it doesn't like driving in reverse. well i can get more information and tell u bout it in an email if u want.
Modified by driftczar at 3:39 PM 10/12/2004

driftczar

And we took pictures and got a video of the drift with the welded diff. We also got pics of how we took it out and put the new one in too.

Spec-R

Hey, im the one with the welded diff. leave driftczar alone, hes just a little excited to see some sideways action. as far as the diff goes, i like it. yes its got the down side of jerking on veery slow turns, like from stop, but no other problems after. Wouldnt both wheels having eqaul power all the time Be good? thats what a clutch type lsd does too, right? after it locks up, its same power to both wheels. and if anything it has improved my handling, giving me a higher faster cornering ability.

Spec-R

whoa, sorry about the huge pic size.

Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

Well, if you guys want to call a welded differential LSD, I don't care, and educate me? HAHAHA man you guys are hilarious. I can see why some of the guys here trash you guys.

Spec-R

whoa whoa, i was in no way saying its an lsd. COMPETELY different mechanics, but they both do the same thing, drift czar is a little young and is a little uneducated, but at least hes not dreaming about neon lights and reving up the vtech.

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

no, they dont do the same thing.

LSD's allow an amount of differential speed between the drive tires, so you can corner without hopping.

a welded diff is no longer a diff.

theres no mechanics to it, the spiders are welded to the side gears so the assembly no longer functions.

have fun with those corners in the rain.

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

Spec-R wrote:whoa whoa, i was in no way saying its an lsd. COMPETELY different mechanics, but they both do the same thing, drift czar is a little young and is a little uneducated, but at least hes not dreaming about neon lights and reving up the vtech.
right... and losing control like an idiot while thinking he's drifting in a parking lot, painting graffiti with tires on the asphalt ON PRIVATE property (how would you like people drifting on your lawn?!), risk of losing control and hit a light pole or into the building at cost of owner, trespassing, blaming police for doing their job...

yes.. so much better than vtech, uh huh, I see

sounds a lot like common street thugs doesn't it?

I agree with being humble to post here otherwise you are asking for it, and you are welcome to leave any time. Most people here paid for our cars ourselves, the parts, the installs... how dare some high school who, let's not forget, doesn't even know how to drive call others' losers? go back to school and never speak of drifting again because you will only endanger others.... much like this person has done: http://www.bootycds.com/s13/drift.avi

driftczar

Spec-R wrote:whoa whoa, i was in no way saying its an lsd. COMPETELY different mechanics, but they both do the same thing, drift czar is a little young and is a little uneducated, but at least hes not dreaming about neon lights and reving up the vtech.
\. I can admmit that u know a lot more than me. You are the one that told me about drifting and pretty much everything i know. I owe a lot of my drift knowledge to u. Though a welded diff and an limited slip diff is like u said they do pretty much the same thing. (not saying they do exactly the same thing) then again I never said that it was an lsd. All i said was that it was pretty much like an lsd just incase some people had not heard of a welded diff or didn't know what it was or got confused.

Spec-R

good flame, First off, im not in high school. second, At the paring lot where i tested the diff, SCCA does autocross. So there is plenty off room, and uts already marked up buy tires. NO i dont drive around town trying to drift every corner, and i was NEVER cocky on what i posted. AND i paid for my car, Installed everything my self.

ps. is that your white s13 in the video?

maxpower
Car: WRX

hmm, that car looks odly familiar to me.

driftczar

Spec-R wrote:good flame, First off, im not in high school. second, At the paring lot where i tested the diff, SCCA does autocross. So there is plenty off room, and uts already marked up buy tires. NO i dont drive around town trying to drift every corner, and i was NEVER cocky on what i posted. AND i paid for my car, Installed everything my self.

ps. is that your white s13 in the video?
LOL . I think it might have been his. u never know

chmercer

no its not his s13 you little *****, quit trying to be a smartass, god i hate the drift forum

halofive
Car: nissan 87 200sx

ok i am a newbie for the most. i know that there is still alot i have to learn about this sport. but i do know that the drifters i have encounterd are for the most helpful. i dont understand why everyone is flaming each other. shouldnt we all jus learn from each other. i feel the kid is right about the cop giving him and his friend alex tickets under bogus sircumstances. sometimes u jus have nowhere else to go. i know what its like to live in COUNTY. when anyone says county it means butt **** egypt and no one has ver erd of the village he lives in. fortunately ive moved to the city. who cares if he spells silvia sylvia. look at what the topic is. its drifting not a spelling bee. i cant spell for **** and thats y im under a car. not in a friggen book. i jus wish everyone would have a better attitude towards each other. the ones we need to flame r all the ones out there thinking they are fast bc they put a pip and an intake on there ****. i feel this has the best sportsmanship out of all the motorsports out there. we need to be focussing on getting better and helping each other to get better bc the ones we have to focus on beating are the japanese. much love and respect to them as well but it would be nice to spank them at there own game

driftczar

yeah he is right. No more flaming and no more giving crap to eachother. i like what he said about beating the japanese and respecting them. good line. OK SO NO MORE FLAMING . ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF ANYONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH COPS AND DRIFTING PUT TOGETHER AND THATS ALL.

MainEvent212

yeah kill police!

on the whole weld-locked diff vs. LSD it isnt different cuz like (i think) altiman said, it wont let the wheels spin at different speeds anymore, it's like a locked differential now.

the tickets for drifting are kinda ghey, but you gotta think from an outside perspective, maybe find somewhere better to drift.

driftczar

yeah i agree with u about the diffs and the cops. Well we did find a better place. Its an industrial park and from what i have herd they are good places to drift. Well i hope we have better luck with the cops from now on.

Spec-R

maxpower wrote:hmm, that car looks odly familiar to me.
lol, i hope it looks familiar. so whats up alex, hows your car doing?? i think i read that you got a front clip in another thread but didnt know if i understood corectly.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Whats up with all the flaming and judgmental BS?

driftzar:I am sorry you got cuaght, parking lots are definetly a great place to practice.

Hope all goes well in court.

Fred..

driftczar

Yeah it does suck that we got caught for doing pretty much nothing. But ohh well. i haven't gotten any mail about it in court yet so i geuss that is a good thing. There was definately a lot of flaming on here and i m glad there aint no more. well we did find a better place to go drift. thank God. hope we have better luck with cops and i hope no one else has problems with them either.

dirty180
Car: 1995 Nissan 180sx

you must be white......

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”