Drift event Irwindale.(So.Cal) Feb/9th/03

Including HI and CA
thatguyin240

Group organized the event.This is just partial information. Full info coming in few days...around 60bux to run whole dayincludes bbq lunch drinks stickers etc etc0bux to watch. $5bux to eat BBQ or drinkno car restrictions.must go though tech inspectionmax of around 70 entry.all entry must have proof of insurance and waiver

location is irwindale parking lotusing club4ag style cones just with drift patterns.

run starts 8AM ends 3PM

competition run starts 3:151st(1) Place KAAZ LSD2nd(1) Place $5003rd(1) $60judged by skill, speed and execution. 1 try only.

info subject to change as more actual plans are placed.stay tuned.

if you would like more infomation please email.[email protected]companies will be there to offer sponsorship etc...

Anand

I'm down to come and watch.. I'm not even close to drifting in my car.. =( so I can't register but I will sure as hell come down with my ride and watch!!!

yeswepromise

oh hell yeah im there too but for spectating only unfortunatly:(

driftheaven

who's judging? what are the credentials of the judges? are they qualified to judge? are they past drift champions? what do they know about drifting?

i am concern, since "competition" is taking drifting to another level. as a drifter, we must know who are judging us?

thatguyin240

Good question.As for the competition part of the event that is still up to final planning. As of right now the run is based on elimination. as for judge because this is the first time we be doing a drift event by the group, we are open to voting. as of right now we are planning to go with some of best drifters in LA.

As for people who have never drifted this might be a good event to practice. see what you can do and what your car can do on the lot.

One reason why we want to bring peple to drift/autox event is to boost popularity in the sports and also keeping it off the streets. Before you head to a mountain try out your move on the lot. alot safer and legal.

we might be able to take you for a spin if you really want to try it out. more info coming.

manny's 240
Car: cars, sports, auto x, girls

damn, i f wish i could be a part of this drift event, to bad i'm like 2000K miles away!!

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

Oh kewls, only $60 kewls!!! I'm just run the track for fun all day!!! Maybe I'll learn something by watching. I want to learn how to drift, the only thing I know how to do is spin out. :( I'm not there for the competition, I'm there to learn. :D I'm happy, that's only like 15-20 miles away ;)

Also, is there a place that the forums people can meet up at, in the parking lot.

Which parking lot are they gonna do the run at? cuz they have like 3 parking lots: 1 for general parking, a smaller 1 for gen. parking, and 3rd one for competitors, who actually race on the real track.

Maybe I'll get some struts by then... To eliminate some of my body roll. Hopefully and maybe some sway bars.

S13_RaHiL
Car: learning more abour cars

hey iam down with this event hopefully my car will be out of the shop by then and iall get a couple of my friends to come along. sounds really fun.

thatguyin240

we are trying our best to piece the event together but some companies we are dealing with are just NOT that cooperative...if they continue to slack off then we have no choice but to delay the event.

S13s Lost Illusion

ahhhthat sucks, I want to watch people drift!!!So I can learn... geez...That just means, I'm just gonna have to go try in mountain passes cuz there aren't any nice roads in me area that I know of.The closest pass that I know of that's really nice is by San Diego. And that's pretty far from me...

super_hicas

i dont think i can drift in my hicas but im down for some $5 bbq. see ya'll there.

Anand

you know.. I just found out about a nice race track with some really nice turns in San Diego.. it's called willow springs (something) I want to take my car up there to the track. Not race or anything.... but I love driving on those kinda roads. I just took my car up north on the 1. man.. that's a drive...

S13s Lost Illusion

Hey, Black240, that track called willow springs is a race track where you can take race classes at if you didn't know. I want to go there for the class but, it's kinda expensive. But, the thing is, you stay there for like 4 days or so, andthey teach you everything, of course in their cars, but they teach you EVERYTHING about racing supposedly. Also, there is another track in San Diego called the Fairgrounds, I haven't checked it out yet, but it's also a racing school.

If you want some nice roads to drive on, with drifting corners, there's a road on the way to San Diego, I don't know the name exactly, but you can look it up, because it's by an observatory called Palomar Observatory.

It's a nice mountain pass... I had fun driving through the pass... You'll like it. But, check out the other racing track also, cuz it's in San Diego city, or right next to it.

Anand

S13s Lost Illusion wrote:Hey, Black240, that track called willow springs is a race track where you can take race classes at if you didn't know. I want to go there for the class but, it's kinda expensive. But, the thing is, you stay there for like 4 days or so, andthey teach you everything, of course in their cars, but they teach you EVERYTHING about racing supposedly. Also, there is another track in San Diego called the Fairgrounds, I haven't checked it out yet, but it's also a racing school.

If you want some nice roads to drive on, with drifting corners, there's a road on the way to San Diego, I don't know the name exactly, but you can look it up, because it's by an observatory called Palomar Observatory.

It's a nice mountain pass... I had fun driving through the pass... You'll like it. But, check out the other racing track also, cuz it's in San Diego city, or right next to it.

that's awesome... I had no idea... maybe one day I'll do that. but for now.... do you know if you can just take your car and race it there for a day or so??? cuz that's what I want to do... I want to keep the racing on the track and not streets where I can get a ticket easily... or injur something...most importantly.. where I can run into things with my car...

S13s Lost Illusion

Black240 wrote:that's awesome... I had no idea... maybe one day I'll do that. but for now.... do you know if you can just take your car and race it there for a day or so??? cuz that's what I want to do... I want to keep the racing on the track and not streets where I can get a ticket easily... or injur something...most importantly.. where I can run into things with my car...

Yea you can but, it's recommended to take the class so you at least know how what to do when your car spins or something. Plus, they have their own safety control center deal going on. ie. ambulances, other racers and stuff. So it's safer that way. You'd have to call the place to find out exactly.

thatguyin240

Irwindale is off for 2 weeks...event might be postponed till contract signed...so far no luck. if posible we will relocate to Santa Anita race track. Plz stay tuned :)

S13s Lost Illusion

dang... now I must check out the Santa Anita race track...

Anand

So when do you think this will happen... an aproximation on the date....??? I need to p lan ahead... my schedual is tight..

Blazin Hondas
Car: Working on stuff

kEEP Trying It sounds fun

S13s Lost Illusion

Hey guys, i went to the mini 240 meet this last Saturday at Cartune Motosports, and I talked to some people about irwindale's events and stuff. They said that club4ag, is having a drift meet there on January 25. If you want to come down and watch kewl. Same deal, but I think the spots for actually racing are taken though. I don't know about the 240 drift meet at irwindale in Feb, but if you want to watch, come on down all are welcome they said. :)

yeswepromise

lost illusion----i was at cartune also. which car did you come in? i was in a white base model s14. and my name is brian by the way.

thatguyin240

Event will be delayed. Final date will be posted before Jan 21st. Details will remain the same. Only date will change.

thatguyin240

I was at CES couldn't make it to cartune...

S13s Lost Illusion

hey, yeswepromise, I think I saw your car. Sent you an email, that'll explain everything I think...

I hope this meet goes through. I want to run my car, even if I have SuperHICAS... I wish I knew how to take it out...

yeswepromise

hey thanks for the e-mail. as for SuperHICAS...there are things called HICAS cancellers. i dont really know how they work but i see them in my Hyper Rev book that i have. you might want to try and get some information on thses things and Cusco makes one so that would probably be fairly easy to get ahold of. most of the other companies that make them dont really sell their stuff in the states. i think this HICAS canceller is what you are looking for.

S13s Lost Illusion

thanks for the info

yeswepromise

no problemo.

thatguyin240

Final info ready. Please see it athttp://www.battledrift.com

BuudWeizErr

OK. I don't know if I can go to the socal240sx meet because my car might not be smogged by then. If I can't make it to that, I will do my best to get to this drift event.

Return to “California Region”