drift car alignment for s13

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
wv240
Car: 2 1991 240sx hatchbacks, 78 buick lowrider, 47 ford rat rod

I ma trying to get some info on some alignment specs for a drift car setup im going to be getting my car put on the rack soon and im asking the guys who have been drifting a while what there alignment setings are so i can get an idea as to where to set mine. Camber, toe, caster, etc help from the guys who have been drifting a while is much appreciated.

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

usually alignment specs are about preference/test/and experimentation but ill give you a basic set up and my set up (which is slightly different than the model)
basic:

(front)
camber: -2* - -3* (usually where stock coilovers camber adjustment maxes out, maxing out the top plates gives you more SAI and faster "self steer" and the added camber helps with traction)
caster: (preference oem is i think 4-6, commonly around 6-7 some people higher, ill tell you what it does to help you understand where you might want it...it help adjusts straight line tracking so a lower caster will make the steering feel lighter and a higher caster will make it feel heavier but in my experience alot more responsive the faster you go)
toe: (oem spec i think its in a slight bit like 30')
(rear)
camber: -2* - 3.5* (the more you have the less grip your going to have but run whatever fits the wheels under your fender haha)
caster/thrust angle: (dont bother with this but if you have traction rods, on a slammed car extend them 10-15mm over stock or keep stock length)
toe: (oem spec i think its 0*)

me:

(front)
camber: -5.5*
caster: 8.0*
toe: OEM SPEC

(rear)
camber: -2.5*
thrust: (lengthened traction rod roughly 10mm)
toe: (will be running slight toe in, between 30' - 60', currently OEM SPEC)

hope this helps

comatoseculture
Car: 1990 240SX coupe. Currently running on Megasquirt.

Personal Opinion is: Stock setup until you know what you want.

Also,it may help to list what setup you are running, stock arms/suspension?

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

It really is a lot about pref. I keep my Caster at 7.0 although there are setups i have heard of where you adjust the caster differently to assist in counter steering.

I like stock Toe and camber is really pref. based.

Try a few settings out, it also matters how much power you have.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”