Dream works ?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
booger
Car: modding the G

Has any one heard any thing on this SC ?It has been a month and havent heard a thing .Think they said march for a release date and that is getting close .

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I haven't heard anything as of yet. Last I remember hearing it was being released in late March.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I met the developer at the SEMA show... I need to contact them, as they wanted BRM to produce exhausts for their S/C Spec-V, and headers for their S/C 350Z/G35's.

rydwhite

Sounds like BRM is starting be recognized around the industry. Congrats.

rydwhite

This what I have read The Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger System for the 350Z / G35 / FX-35 will include. I think the cost was around $6,000.

Eaton 90 Roots type SuperchargerPower output of approximately 400 hp at the crank shaftDual water to air intercoolersDual Auxiliary injectorsStainless steel braded fuel hosesHigh volume fuel railsFull length intake runnersOff throttle bypassECU UpgradeNo hood or body modificationsConstruction is of lightweight cast aluminumDream Works SST systems have a 3 year / 36,000 mile limited power-train warranty (warranty serviced by authorized Dream Works / Nissan / Infiniti Dealers.50 State emissions legal with standard BoostBoost capabilities up to 12 PSI with internal engine modifications.

It sounds like a really nice little set-up. I can't wait until a nico member installs one and lets us know all about it.

booger
Car: modding the G

rydwhite wrote:This what I have read The Dream Works Racing SST Aqua Cooled Super Charger System for the 350Z / G35 / FX-35 will include. I think the cost was around $6,000.

Eaton 90 Roots type SuperchargerPower output of approximately 400 hp at the crank shaftDual water to air intercoolersDual Auxiliary injectorsStainless steel braded fuel hosesHigh volume fuel railsFull length intake runnersOff throttle bypassECU UpgradeNo hood or body modificationsConstruction is of lightweight cast aluminumDream Works SST systems have a 3 year / 36,000 mile limited power-train warranty (warranty serviced by authorized Dream Works / Nissan / Infiniti Dealers.50 State emissions legal with standard BoostBoost capabilities up to 12 PSI with internal engine modifications.

It sounds like a really nice little set-up. I can't wait until a nico member installs one and lets us know all about it.
Just seen on another forum . Some one said they may be having problems getting the warranty for the 6lb of boost .Im sure they are trying to get it for 7 lbs to meet the HP numbers of the other set ups .

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

From malx (Joey's) "interview with Goran, posted on G35driver.com:

Quote »There it is by popular demand^^ The well awaited DreamWorkes SuperCharger kit!

I met with Goran from DreamWorkes yesterday and here is what he had to say. Most of your answers will be answered here. Please excuse spelling. I was taking notes as he was talking so my info can be a little weird and my terms can be wrong as well. If it is PLEASE don’t complain!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avino (malx) of G35driver.com: Goran, I understand there is much hype and concern for this kit, give me a brief description of it and its options.

Goran of DreamWorkes: Well Joey, for one, the stage one kit is almost finished for the g35 and will be released the end of March we hope. As of now, the first 150 kits are already sold and we will be releasing 50 of them 2 months from then.

Joey: Goran, I understand you guys have three different kits, please explain them.

Goran: Well… Stage one is coming out soon. Stage one will is good for anywhere in between 400-410 horsepower on a stock coupe running our preset 6PSI. It comes with a piggyback ECU, fuel injectors, upgraded fuel rails, and other valves and such. The stage one retails for about 6,200 dollars and stage two will be retailing about 500-700 dollars more. Stage two is basically the same thing as stage one except there is a different piggy back ECU. This will up the boost to about 9PSI. adding about 60-70 horsepower. Again no internal modifications are needed at all and upgrading from stage one to stage two can be done no problem. Stage three you need engine modifications. This is good for about 600 horsepower and it runs about 14PSI. The pistons need to be upgraded (lowering the compression to 8.5:1) as well as the rods and other things in the engine. All kits include dual water-cooled intercoolers. Water cooling is more efficient because water has an extremely high heat capacity which means that it takes longer for it to heat up than air hence making better cooling than air.

Joey: Thanks, for those of us who don’t know, what does the piggyback ECU actually do?

Goran: Well I’m glad you asked, it’s very interesting. Just to brief, Nissan would rather us not replace or flash their ECU because of warranty issues which I’m sure you will ask about later. The piggyback ECU goes on your stock ECU with everything preprogrammed. The stage 1, 2, and 3, have different piggybacks which make the difference in the PSI and you can upgrade between kits for a fee.

Joey: What about the warranty?

Goran: Well we work with an outside company that honors your powertrain warranty. Basically it works like this. If something breaks and the kit was installed by one of our authorized dealership the damage is paid for. There is a 200 dollar deductible and you are insured up to 10,000 dollars. If something breaks basically, you’re covered but you have to pay the first two hundred dollars. The warranty can or cannot be purchased when you purchase the kit. It is an extra 800 dollars but it is defiantly recommended if you don’t plan on making your own modifications. It is also a one time fee. You are insured up to 48,000 miles. This replaces your stock waranty. If you have miles on your car there is a math equation we use to figure out and let you know at what mileage your waranty will expire. For example, if you have 10,000 miles on your car you may be insured up to 55,000 miles depending. It does not expire when your car reaches 48,000 miles because if people had 35,000 miles before they got the supercharger it would be unfair to them for their warantay to expire at 48,000 miles.

Joey: Describe what is included when you say powertrain?

Goran: Well there is a lot of controversy about this Joey. As powertrain we mean anything that creates power. That includes the engine and transmission in the warranty. People say otherwise but do not listen to them, you engine IS INCLUDED!

Joey: Please elaborate on authorized dealerships. What do you mean?

Goran: As we know the new Nissan vehicles are the hardest to tune and modify. Who knows our cars better then Nissan? No one! They made our cars! We are working more on this but currently we have confirmed dealerships (one being right here in New York) that will install your supercharger for their rate. If installed by them, your warranty valid if you don’t up the boost or change anything about the kit?

Joey: On these kits you can up the boost?

Goran: Well you would always be able to change the pulleys and anyone with experience can manipulate the kit. The problem is that everything, even the tuning, will be thrown off. The main way to up the boost is to buy a kit upgrade, IE, if you have stage one, buy the stage two upgrade. If you throw a new pulley or something else you could break something, also, you car would not be in its warranty anymore.

Joey: So your piggyback ECU will upgrade the PSI safely?

Goran: Yes Joey.

Joey: Back on the ECU, what about tuning and its relation to your ECU?

Goran: Well, because we are able to piggyback the stock ECU safely, once the kit is installed no necessary tuning is needed at all. That is the one problem with forced induction on these cars today is tuning. As you know companies have rushed their product and some fuel ratios are inconsistent throughout the RPM bad. Our piggyback ECU, Fuel rails and injectors fix this problem with no tuning needed.

Joey: So once the kit is installed by Nissan we can drive it out of the service department with no tuning at all?

Goran: Yes. This is good because you won’t have to worry about some tuner messing up your car. The Piggyback ECU is pre-tuned perfectly I assure you.

Joey: Now what about Gas mileage? Superchargers, running off of the existing pulleys use a lot more fuel. What are the numbers with your kit?

Goran: Well we have a power bypass system included in the kit. Here is how it works. When your car is at idle speed or under 1800RPM, the bypass kits in. The only power needed by the supercharger is to turn the supercharger turbine but does not generate power. Once 1800RPM kicks in, the power is used. When you’re highway driving and not flooring the car, it also kicks in to save gas. When you need the power, the supercharger utilizes all of it and will use some extra fuel. In total, with normal driving you will lose maybe 1-2 MPG if that, sometimes none at all.

Joey: What about the ease of home install?

Goran: Home installing the kit will void the warranty.

Joey: Can you just briefly explain the different between this kit and the others?

Goran: Well Joey, I’m glad you asked. The kit uses a root type system. We studied the Jaguar XJR to build this kit. The kit replaces the top piece of the engine and no hood or body modification is needed. The top piece of the engine needs to be removed and replaced with our kit. Other then that, it is purely connecting the parts. It is very difficult to remove the top piece of the engine, you need to know what you are doing and we do not recommend attempting the install at home unless you are very experienced with these vehicles.

Joey: Anything else you think we at G35driver should know?

Goran: Yes, payment methods. DreamWorkes is currently working with a credit card company (hopefully be done by May) where you can get a credit card such as a Visa and MasterCard and you can finance our kit through this company. With good credit, you can have a payment plan with interest as little as 8 percent for, not just our superchargers, but any number of our products. If you do not have the money to burn right away.

Joey: Well thanks Goran, I’m sure that everyone will love to hear all of the information.

Goran: Thank you Joey for your concern, I will keep in touch with you and hope to see you at our event. [/quote]Full thread and follow up Q&A's

Cheers, Ted

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Now if Goran would just answer his emails we'd have them on board as a sponsor, and everyone would have FIRST-HAND knowledge of what they're up to... :)

p.s. I met him at SEMA, he's a cool guy.

rydwhite

Yeah, I read that interview last week sometime. Nice information.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”