dreadful motor vibration

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
240coupe

heres my dilemma. motor shakes and seems to have loss of power..checked plugs , not fouled. idle is normal about 700rpm , temp is ok.. the exhaust sounds different tho..i know this isnt much info..any :help would be appreciated.

juiceman

Wires could be bad or a plug not firing properly. Most cars will automatically adjust the idle to normal as long as the problem is not too bad

Suggest replacing wires and see what happens then plugs if needed.

Good luck

drjohn

If it idles smooth at 700 rpm and has no power when accelerating this sounds as if the exhaust is clogged or the cat. may be restricted. Take the exhaust loose in frt. of cat and see if power comes back. Please don't try this late at night you might upset your neighbors. This maybe the cause do to the exhaust sounding funny.

240coupe

Thanks for the input i apppreciate it. took her to the shop tho...BAD INJECTOR....so for anyone who has the above symptoms...heres a possible cause

drjohn

Great!!! Glad it was that simple.

GTS4-R
Car: my feet

It may also be one of ur injectors. if one of em failed and is sprayin too much gas it might not be igniting in that cylinder. I had that happen to me and the engine shook and it blew smoke (due to the fact that the gas was goin in and out and burning in the cat) and lost power......

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”