Dreaded P0430 catalytic converter, Is there a programer?

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
mikes68charger
Car: 2012 QX56

Ok, I used to mod the crap out of 2010 Dodge Charger, put a blower etc, and have used tuners to delet the catalytic converters.

From my research these 2012 QX56 that my wife picked out seem to have a lot of Catalytic Converter issues/replacements. I cant believe they are attached to the header as such.

Is there a perforce tuner you guys are using to delete these codes?

My dealer wants $2400 this is crazy, the whole exhaust for my charger was less than that.

Thanks

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

is yours cracked or clogged? If clogged I have read that Cataclean sometimes works.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You don't delete the codes, you delete the second O2 sensor itself in the software, consider what state you are in; some of them check for the output there and a sure fail doing it at inspection. Some states could care less.

I myself would not waste a cent trying to bring a cat back, if gone they pretty much stay gone and there is no 'cleaning' them other than physically gutting the matrix out. When in parts I sold plenty of cat cleaner products, they quite simply do not work unless you are right on the very edge of too much HC, and they will pretty much not do a thing for NOx.

I used to know a guy who had like 7 '68-70 Chargers, I worked on the 2 426 Hemi Chargers he had. As well as a couple 440 6 packs. WAAAAAYY on back then...............I personally thought of the cars as boat anchors myself. You needed the extra 100 hp. just to move the extra weight the cars carried as compared to others.

mikes68charger
Car: 2012 QX56

AMC49 LOL

It was different for me, I got my 68 Charger when I was 18, for $3500 on the side of the highway, I became a welder in the Army just so I could replace all the sheet metal, and used my money from my Iraq deployment to do the paint and body work. I had grand visions of what a beast this would be, with the 5k I spent in just the 360 :crazy: It was not what I was exspeting, then I rode in a 426 69 Charger at a car show, and still was not impressed, but already to far along. LOL

Now Its got a 6.2 Hemi out of a 2010 Charger and its a blast!

Anyways, very upset about the wifes truck, I cant believe as common as these cat issues are there is not recall.

Luck for us, she is at 77,800 miles, and the second Infinity tec I talked to told me it will be covered under warranty! Unlike the first who told me it was $2500 for one side.

So now they only want to replace one side, I told them I was told to do it in pairs, they told me if the other gose out by 85k that I will be ok, this sounds like crap to me, So I asked them to write me up a quote if I pay for the 2nd cat how much more would they charge.

We will see Humm

usaf-lt-g
Car: 2012 QX56 - Deluxe Touring, Technology, Entertainment, and everything else they ever made for this car.

I just sold my wife’s fully loaded QX80 because of this issue. It’s a shame because it was a nice car otherwise. It was at 93k miles when both cat banks blew and no matter how many times I reset it... it would always come back after a few days. Additionally...the 4x4 system started blinking all the time between 4WD high , Auto, and 4WD Low and threw a code stating the 4WD Hi Lo sensor had a problem. I replaced it, and the problem didn’t go away. I refused to drop 7 - 8k on fixing the cats, and then dropping more to figure out the problem with the 4WD. I’ve not seen many posts about the 4WD issue (in fact none that exactly matched my issue), so I gave up and sold her.

oxyleak

I feel for you and sorry you sold your QX. I gambled and picked up a 2011 QX56 2 weeks ago with 100K and a full service record from the dealership. It is immaculate and I can't say enough good things about it. 5 days after I bought the car the cat code popped on the service engine soon light and from my research I was not too happy knowing that it would be a couple grand easily. I am a garage mechanic and found the infiniti part online for $670 but since I just bought the vehicle I took it back to the dealer and told them what had happened. Their extended warranty only covers drivetrain but I thought I would take a chance since I was on day 5 of the 5 day return policy. Luther Infiniti of Bloomington here in Minnesota put me in a brand new QX60 and sent me on my way. The service tech called me later that day and said they were covering the repair. This is after they replaced a wheel bearing right before I bought it due to a faint hum that I was hearing. Very grateful to the dealership for covering the the $2700 repair and if it happens down the road, I will do it myself. I have done more complicated repairs on my old X5 and an exhaust swap is a walk in the park compared to the crap I had to deal with on the BMW.

marctronixx

this car is solid. all cars have issues, no matter the cost of the car. tesla just recalled 123K S models for some faulty parts--it happens.

ive had nothing but success with 2 armadas and my qx since 2006.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”