Drang/street Setup Please help

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
BadazzSr20
Car: 240sx Sr20

hey guys,

my name is pat and i own a 240sx s13 hatch with a sr20 swap in it. i got the car from a guy that is into drifting. he has these JIC externally adjustable coilovers front and rear & Camber plates. i want to know what ill need to use to make the car bit on the streets and bit like a 1.8 at the track . i goto alot of race meets and 90% of my racing is 2am street pulls. i do go to the track from time to time but mostly street race is what i do. what do i need to get this car to bit on street and yet bit pretty good at the track.

thank you very much for your time and help.

Modified by BadazzSr20 at 9:40 PM 3/13/2009
Modified by BadazzSr20 at 9:41 PM 3/13/2009

gingerbredman
Car: 93 SE hatch, ~260k miles on the clock, 15" Enkei 92s, still stock. 2009 Sonata bouncing on Eibachs.

The previous guy probably had them set rock hard, that wouldn't work well.

Loosen up the rear shocks a little bit, so the car can actually transfer weight to the rear. Also, you don't want any more neg. camber in the rear than absolutely necessary, as when the car squats the rear wheels will induce neg. camber, which will reduce contact patch of the tires, thus reducing grip.

How much power you're making also plays into how you'll have to go about launching. I managed a 2.11 0-60ft time with my ole stock hatch with wal-mart Douglas tires. I eventually got better tires but never got to go back and see how well it actually improved.

A lot is just balancing the throttle and clutch pedal modulation though. It's funny, because while the guy beside me is staging with his street tires I'm just sitting there watching and nodding lol, we get up to the line, he's hootinand hollarin, and then I'm gone Don't burn street tires, never worked for me haha

Stickier tires always help though, you should post some more information on your setup though, it'd help people help you.

turbor1

before you get into adjusting the shocks a bunch of different ways, what kind of tire are you running? if you'd like good bite on the street and track, (i think you said a 1.8 60") you should look into drag radials or a sticky road race type of tire like the falken azenia or somthing along those lines

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”