Doublin Din - Steering Wheel Controls

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

I'm looking into getting a Double Din deck for my 240. I'm a complete noob in this area and just started doing some research today. What first grabbed my attention a few weeks ago was the Android Unit on eBay with the detachable tablet screen. Looks kind of awesome, but I msg'd a guy who had one and he said the touch screens aren't that great and the unit can't charge the tablet as fast as it uses it.

Once I realized no quality name brands had these on the market, and the only ones come from Hong Kong, I figured I'd leave that alone and look for a regular quality DVD/GPS Double Din. I do like some of the extras though, like the backup Cam and Steering Wheel Controls. I have a few questions before I order something.

Would I be able to hook up the steering wheel controls to the Cruise Control buttons on my steering wheel? I disabled the cruise and all the extras when I done my SR Swap, so basically they are just buttons right?
This is kind of important for me because I paralyzed my right arm a few years ago. I have a bit of movement now, but I would rather have the controls where I wouldn't have to try to hard to reach.

Is an s13 stock radio a Double Din? I always thought so, but when searching for a unit on a website earlier, I entered the make and model and only single Din's came up, the 2Dins said will not fit you vehicle. Mine looks the same size, it has a tape deck and a cd player combined. Will I have any Issues fitting a 2Din in?

Here the unit I am referring to.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTRONS-TD718A-2 ... 19d865c5c1

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

It should be a possibility, it's just how hard it's going to be to make them work. You'll have to find the wires for the controls and figure out the resistances of each switch or if they are just on/off switches. The fsm should tell you what wires, then you just need to check and see what the details are.

KYZAAC

It sounds like more hassle then its worth. Especially for someone with my electrical knowledge. I thought it would be as easy as running the volume up / down wire to a button. I'll just make sure the unit I get comes with a remote lol

What about fitting a double din? Is there any modifications needed?

the converted
2020 Taco

Nope, drops right in!

Richie-CO
Car: Nissan Tiida Tekna HB 2012 (Mexican version)
MR18DE
4-wheel disc brakes
6 airbags
ABS + EBD

the converted wrote:It should be a possibility, it's just how hard it's going to be to make them work. You'll have to find the wires for the controls and figure out the resistances of each switch or if they are just on/off switches. The fsm should tell you what wires, then you just need to check and see what the details are.
Hi, I just have one question, my car is a Mexican Tiida (Versa) HB, it's a special edition called Tekna and the wires are in different colors than those from the US. Recently I installed a double DIN Kenwood unit and tried to configure my steering wheel controls using an Axxess interface, but I couldn't figured out which wires to connect and the enclosed instructions just didn't work for my car.

Can you explain in more detail this procedure so that I can try to find which wires to connect to the interface? Perhaps you can create a new topic.

Thanks in advance!!

Ricardo

KYZAAC

the converted wrote:Nope, drops right in!
Awesome! I'm wondering if there will there be a gap? I measured my cutout and it's 4.5" and the double din is only 4". If I'm spending over $500 on a deck I want it to fit and look nice and not sloppy.

Richie-CO
Car: Nissan Tiida Tekna HB 2012 (Mexican version)
MR18DE
4-wheel disc brakes
6 airbags
ABS + EBD

KYZAAC wrote:
the converted wrote:Nope, drops right in!
Awesome! I'm wondering if there will there be a gap? I measured my cutout and it's 4.5" and the double din is only 4". If I'm spending over $500 on a deck I want it to fit and look nice and not sloppy.
That depends on the radio, but you should not expect a perfect fit, for example mine is a Kenwood, and because you can adjust the angle of the screen the gap is needed to allow it to move.

Anyway, how do you post a picture here? Sorry to be so "newbie".

Ricardo

the converted
2020 Taco

Ricardo, you have to host it elsewhere and then link to it. As far as the different wiring colors go, I think that the pin locations should be the same. It will take some digging to figure out, but you can get everything you need from the manual here www.nicoclub.com/FSM

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”