Dose your rogues have noise from the driver side door?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

My rogue, when driving at low speed, there's some kind of noise come from driver side door. I dont know if that come from the window or what. it sounds like some thing is moving or loose, i can heard it only when the window closed and speed under 20 miles per hour. if i dont turn my stereo on, i can hear it all the time, really aonnying.

anyone else has that?

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I had the same noise. Turned out to be a small bottle of hand sanitizer my daughter put in the rear door handle opening..lol

mmyye

i didnt put anyting on the door handle.

Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

Yes, both the front doors are loose on ours, in my opinion. I have a slight vibration in each door. I think they are not adjusted correctly. I have subsequenly noticed that when viewing the front door from the outside, I can see it sits a tad low when looking at the black sill just below the window and how it runs to the rear and it's definitely lower than the sill piece behind it on the rear door..Also, when driving the Rogue, I put a finger inbetween the rubber seal and the edge of the door opening where it meets the interior ceiling piece. I can feel the door part moving ever so slightly. So I know my door is loose. One edge of my finger can feel the section where the ceiling is and it's not moving and other edge of my fingertip can feel the door and it's vibrating. Next time I take her in for an oil change I am going to bring this issue up with the service people. And I'll have them do a road/finger test if they think I am crazy.

mmyye

Beagle_Hauler wrote:Yes, both the front doors are loose on ours, in my opinion. I have a slight vibration in each door. I think they are not adjusted correctly. I have subsequenly noticed that when viewing the front door from the outside, I can see it sits a tad low when looking at the black sill just below the window and how it runs to the rear and it's definitely lower than the sill piece behind it on the rear door..Also, when driving the Rogue, I put a finger inbetween the rubber seal and the edge of the door opening where it meets the interior ceiling piece. I can feel the door part moving ever so slightly. So I know my door is loose. One edge of my finger can feel the section where the ceiling is and it's not moving and other edge of my fingertip can feel the door and it's vibrating. Next time I take her in for an oil change I am going to bring this issue up with the service people. And I'll have them do a road/finger test if they think I am crazy.
Thank you so much, what you did is what I did, my finger fill that movement too, you are not the only crazy one who put the finger there .I've already set up an appointment tomorrow 3/7/08 at the stevenscreek nissan. for my experience with toyota (our 2007 toyota has noise too) I brought the car back to service, they just states, they cant hear anything, but they left a record saying i can bring that back any time, when that noise is getting louder. Probably i will get the same answer from nissan.

anyway i will let you know after tomorrow

JFP
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

Mine does the same thing...? It was subtle the first month, now after a few months its worse. Loose door crossed my mind too. I've got to bring it in soon, it's getting annoying.

Let us know what the dealer finds.

boooey

after a couple of months with my Rogue, i am now hearing all kinds of vibration and strange noises coming from all over the place, but very hard to pinpoint exactly where.One time after going over a big speed bump, i thought i heard a rattling sound coming from behind the dashboard AC vents.. i have no clue what that was

mmyye

just got a call from the dealer, they spend the whole day, they said they didnt hear anything from the driver side doori know that 's the result!

mmyye

they didn't find anything.

albertwang16

note to all the posters here. I have my Rogue to the dealer in and out for the past month or so. It started with hearing noise from behind the heating/cooling control panel and to be short, they replaced my :deformed" fans. After I picked it, a day I pick it up, I found the air outlet control is no longer functioning, they couldn't fix it so decided to replaced the entire heating/cooling box.

Two days later, another different kind of noise surfaced, it turn out to be the shift box is making the noise. A rep at the dealer said they have received one similiar case prior to me. They replaced the shift box and the noise is now gone.

I'm left with a Rogue with scraches on several locations inside my Rogue from taking it apart and put them back several times.

At the end, they are welling to replace the parts got scrached. But at this point, after several "operations" have done to my rogue, who knows what else might come up/come back???

a bit disapointed rogue owner................

boooey

albertwang16 wrote:note to all the posters here. I have my Rogue to the dealer in and out for the past month or so. It started with hearing noise from behind the heating/cooling control panel and to be short, they replaced my :deformed" fans.
everytime I go over a speed bump or bumpy roads, i am hearing a rattling like sound coming from behind the air vents.. like a piece of plastic is flapping or something.

I definitely did not hear this before. I have had my rogue about 3 months already.

Was your noise similar?

JFP

boooey wrote:
everytime I go over a speed bump or bumpy roads, i am hearing a rattling like sound coming from behind the air vents.. like a piece of plastic is flapping or something.

I definitely did not hear this before. I have had my rogue about 3 months already.

Was your noise similar?
I'm also experiencing this noise when going over rough roads. When it warms up it fades away.

I had an '04 Sentra and was pretty rough with it, and the thing was solid for 4 years, not a single rattle. I was impressed.

At this rate my Rogue will drive like a lumber wagon after a few years.

Still love the Rogue though.

mmyye

I think for a 3000 dollar car which i had before 96 ford taurus has all kinds of those noise was fine with me, but i paid 27000 for the new rouge, i expect it shouldnt have any that kind of noise. I might just expcet too much on a brand new car. when i lift the dealer, the service rep told me, there's a lot of people was complaining about all kinds of the noise, but they just cant redupicated the same noise. i might just give up on it or wait for nissan recall, which almost not possible.....

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I guess I'm lucky so far. No rattles whatsover, but I've only had it for 3 months now with 3200 miles on the clock.

mmyye

Etch wrote:I guess I'm lucky so far. No rattles whatsover, but I've only had it for 3 months now with 3200 miles on the clock.
yea that's about to start

JFP

This kind of thing is more common the first model year, we're the lucky ones that get to experience it.

albertwang16

at first you hear the noise when you turn the fan speed to high. the higher is goes the louder it gets. not necessary when going over the bump.

I'm guessing there will be a recall on "something" not too far down the road.

tw34k
Car: 2007 350Z Enthusiast - Solar Orange***2008 Rogue SL-FWD ( NOT Rouge ) First Rogue Sold in Tacoma /

albertwang16 wrote:I'm guessing there will be a recall on "something" not too far down the road.
Too bad it couldn't be a recall on my wife....she's added scratches in some weird places....yesterday I found a 1 inch long scratch on the sunglasses compartment door...she doesn't have nails...and here in Washington we rarely get sun....how did that happen?

She says " I didn't do it!"

I don't know if I hold the record so far....or even if it's a record you want to hold...but I just pulled in my driveway with 10,999 miles on the car purchased on Sept 28th '07 and the only problem I've had with it was after a month and a half, had to align the steering.

I know the dealer might say " No No No..We'll make it right!". But after all the issues you've had with yours, couldn't you take it back and say you want a different one, this one is cursed with problems?

Where-as I'm just cursed with a wife!

Modified by tw34k at 6:32 PM 3/10/2008
Modified by tw34k at 8:18 AM 3/11/2008

boooey

mmyye wrote:i might just give up on it or wait for nissan recall, which almost not possible.....
yea, unfortunately someone would most likely have to die first before they recall something like this..

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

boooey wrote:
yea, unfortunately someone would most likely have to die first before they recall something like this..
Uh recall? Someone die? I don't think a bad blower fan is going to cause anyone to die. If there are issues they will issue a service bulliten and will address them as needed. No recalls in these type of standard vehicular issues. It is not saftey related. And all vehichles have some service bullitens.

Count me as a happy, rattle free, problem free Rogue owner...knock wood.

albertwang16

tic is right, unless it becomes a safty concern, there won't be any recall. as for my situation, simply put, bad luck! sigh~

wish all of you drive a problem free Rogue!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”