Dorman valve cover problem

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Sateshm91
Car: 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5S

I really really want to know has anyone used the Dorman valve cover and all of a sudden started consuming oil!?!? I've seen a video on YouTube stating the Dorman valve cover is the reason my 02 Alti always needs oil! Had any one used this and then went back to a OEM one from Nissan themselves? ALSO another question has anyone went about changing the Valve stem seals WITHOUT removing the entire head only the valve cover! Please I could use all the help asap before the dreadful cold winter begins in NYC
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

I cannot see how a valve cover could cause oil consumption. A quick visual would identify if the same baffles are on the replacement valve cover. Im in the market for one myself as my integrated spark plug tube seals are leaking.

Valve stem seals with the head on. I've tried it before on a similar engine unsuccessfully. If it needs valve stem seals id just do the headgasket and inspect the timing stuff. Do it all at once and be done. I know a local shop that does the job on the car without a hitch. Id bring it to them if I had the need.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”