Door question.

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
S13 Power

Got a question. I got a 92 SE-R classic. Got a small problem with the doors. it seems that they are not aligned right. Im almost positive they arent the original doors because after close inspection you can see they are a diffrent shade of white, doors are a spec more lighter than fenders. anywyas, it really bugs me because when i close the door from the inside i can feel the door latch not entering right. its not a big diffrence but it bugs me, id say its about 2mm off. anyone know any info on how to fix this? can a body shop do it?

NISTECH

loosen the bolts for the latch pin and slide it up or down to get it to line up. are there big gouges in your door pain near the latch? if so those gouges are from the seat belt geting caught in the door. this usually happens due to dirt and grime getting built up in the top hanger for the belt if you can clean that out you seat belts will retract better. the build up is under the belt on the ring.

S13 Power

ill have to check out the Latches to see their condition. Is there any diffrence bewteen SE-R doors and regular base model doors.These ones seem rather heavy. THanx for the info ill check out as soon as i get home.

NISTECH

no no difference very minimal if any. the other sentra models around that yr had the same problem with the belts getting caught in the door

AVERAGE
Car: my car

sounds like u need new hinge pins and bushings. itll cost u about 30 bucks to fix and 2 hours of time and a very patient buddy. the pins are 5 bucks a piece and the bushing 2 and i had a hell of a time trying to find them so i just went to the dealership.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”