Door Jam Cleaning

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
headhunt3r
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5S w/ CVT

Hey NICO gang, this might sound like a stupid question... but how do you guys routinely clean your door jams? Using a wet cloth will scratch the paint with the dirt on it... and you can't exactly hose it down since the door is open. Stupid question, so I've got my flame suit on ... be easy!

phobs

I use an all purpose cleaner if it's really dirty, agitate with a brush, and then hose it down on flat spray setting from an angle. It's tricky!

Mr. Z33
Car: 2003 Pearl White 350Z

I clean mine every time I wash my car. Just get in the habit of wiping them down every time and dirt will not build up on it. I also clean under my hood and hatch every time also. I use a micro-fiber cloth.

Kanard
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe!

How about cleaning gunk out of the trunk sill/jam? i got leaves and dirt build up, from when i dont clean.. and wanted to cleanit all out, should i put a trashbag overt the trunk inside, and wash the trim out?

tdekany

Kanard wrote:How about cleaning gunk out of the trunk sill/jam? i got leaves and dirt build up, from when i dont clean.. and wanted to cleanit all out, should i put a trashbag overt the trunk inside, and wash the trim out?
I use a pressure washer that works great for both trunks and door jambs.

Return to “Detailing Forum”