door insert replacement

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
96Turbo

My door inserts fell out, I am wondering if anybody has replaced these before, I am having trouble figureing them out.

Also, has anybody stitched or replaced the rear window, on the top. My fabric has ripped on the top as well. thank for any help.

Tom

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

the door inserts can be restapled by any decently high powered pneumatic stapler (the old fashioned staple guns don't provide enough power to puncture the plastic). As for the rear window, if you have to get the top replaced, the rear window should be included in that package. Unless you can tackle replacing the top yourself, I would consider taking it to an upholstery shop with a reputation for working on convertible tops.

96Turbo

Thanks Boss, I figured out the door insert replacement earlier. I tried maybe 4 or 5 different staplers before I ran out and made a crazy purchase of a air one, I also replaced the rear window earlier as well, it was surprisinly easy, I just had to find the right kind of plastic, and wouldnt you know, they sell it at textile stores, kinda wierd huh. Thanks for the help though. Oh by the way on a lighter note I discovered all of my seats and inserts are custom, I guesse the first and only owner of the car had it all reapolstered in cream leather. Go figure.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

post pictures of that. the cream colour must look awesome

96Turbo

Deffinitly, I will get some pics later this week. When I get them I will attempt to post them. I am know running inot suspension issues. it feels like the tires bounce to much over bumper. but this is a topic for a differnent time.

spinout180

I removed all the staples, recovered the inserts and then actually used small SCREWS I got from Home Depot.... they hold far better than the staples I think and you can't tell the difference from the front.

BaconLuver
Car: 95 something...

spinout180 - sounds like a great idea...of course, pics are worth a thousand words...

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”