Door handle removal

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
szogyenyi
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

Hello. So my problem is that the previous owner of my car left the keys for the doors, which results that i cannot lock the car whatsoever. The mechanic told me there is no need to buy a new cylinder, a new key can be easily made for the current locks, i just need to remove them. I was able to remove the door panel (frankly, that was the easy part) and i also removed the two screws which held the handle, but i'm not sure how should i remove the handle from that plastic holder (colored green on the picture) I heard that i have to pull it toward me, but it made no result (or either i am just a weak boy) but i was so afraid that i'll break that plastic piece that i didn't want to stretch it more. Could someone explain me what steps should i do from here to be able safely remove the cylinder (or the whole door handle, i don't really care at this point) ?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That green clip needs to rotate off the vertical part of the rod. The clips are actually still available in case you break it, p/n 80533-89900, $4.37 from NissanPartsDeal.

szogyenyi
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

I gave it another try this morning and turned out i really just had to turn the green plastic in order to remove the handle. The fact which made it much harder that it is all rusted up, so i had to twist it with full force. But eventually i was able to get it out. Thanks again for the help! :)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy motoring!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”