donut gasket

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
lordthygod
Car: Versa/nx2000

Tried putting this in tech forum but no responses so i'll try here...

Had a hell of a time finding the correct gasket. Every store had the same gasket listed, but non of which seemed to be the correct gasket. Finally after spending far too much time getting the old heat shield out that had split down the middle and was too large to just pull out, cutting one of the spring bolts and getting the other out normally got the old gasket out and run up to the store with it. I tried seeing if there was multiple listings for the versa just the one...tried to CrossRef the 2.0 sentra, that wasn't it, then finally as i was comparing the two gaskets side by side noticing that mine was about an inch bigger than the listed gasket i asked to see a sentra se-r gasket from the qr25de and that was it. Im wondering if anyone else has run into this as well. I have owned the car since .3 miles on the odo(yes point 3, literally came off the truck at the dealer and it was mine). I also do not have abs or traction control with 6 speed 1.8l dont know if that matters.

sorry couldnt find my tape measure, but the kids art supplies were right there lol. measurement starts at inside diameter not the outside so could add 1/4 inch if you wanna look at outside diameter. Can not get it to balance on top while i hold the camera, but if you do the inside diameter is 2.75 inches.

Return to “Versa General Chat”