Dont cry over spilled milk

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Fredriksdal

But my wife does.
One morning on the way to work, her lunchbox overturned and some milk pored out.
It was on the passenger seat floor. Some milk got sucked up by the carpet, and now it smells awful.
We tried washing it away, but to no awail. Now we want to take off the plastic cover (where you put your foot when climbing in to the car, dont know the english word for it) and try to lift up the rug and try to clean it.
How do we remove the plastic cover near the door, to lift up rug? Is it just to pull right up, or slide id sideways? Dont wanna destroy anything....
Its a Nissan Juke -12.
I´m desperate :frown:

Fredriksdal

I,ve found a picture showing this plastic cover.
All credit to the publisher of the site:
http://unqshop.com/nissan-juke-juke-doo ... ber,410208

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome aboard!

It's not a difficult job, but you'll want to be prepared.

First, use a plastic pry tool to lift the door sill plate (plastic cover in the door sill). It should pop up with mild pressure. Check to see if the carpet has been permeated by the milk (did it soak into the sound padding underneath?) If so, you may want to take the car to a professional to have the floor cleaned with a heavy-duty extractor / steam cleaner. If the carpet has a rubber or non-permeable backing, I'd simply pour some clean water on it, and use a wet/dry vacuum to extract the water (and milk).

Once it's dry, pour baking soda (a LOT) in the carpet and use a bristle brush to get it down into the carpet. This will soak up any remaining odors. Get it nice and thick, the more the better - You can vacuum it out after a couple days.

Finally, I'd use a deodorizer such as Febreeze on the entire interior - Mist the floors and seats and let the car sit for a day with the windows closed, then air it out with a fan.

Another alternative, if you're fairly handy, is to remove the front seats and console, and simply remove the carpet and clean it completely with clean water. It's not hard to take out the carpet from most cars, and it might take you a weekend, but it would be cheaper than hiring a professional.

Let us know how it goes!

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”