Doing first track event! woooo

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
DuckyD
Car: 1995 240SX

So I am so excitied, I have finally signed up for my first track event. I have spectated several track events, including a NASA Time Attack + HPDE and have been doing autocross for 2 years now. I will be doing the 12-Hour 17-turn Sebring course with Chin Motorsports. There is a "Open Track All Drivers" format that (according to the website) allows for up to 4 hours of track time for novices. I am not sure that I want to race my car for 4 hours, but the opportunity is there.

As far as the car, I will be driving my '95 Nissan 240sx. As the car sits now:'95 Nissan 240sx SESR20DET S13-blacktopGreddy M-Spec IntercoolerHKS Wastegate actuatorHKS SuperSequential BOVB&M Short ShifterSpec Stage 3+ ClutchZ32 Fuel FilterWalbro 255 lt/hr Fuel PumpER Spec hot-pipeMR downpipeTestpipe (God I love Florida)Koyo RadiatorFAL Dual 12" FansHelical diff from S15 SpecRTokico Illumina front strutsKYB GR-2 rear strutsUnknown springsNismo Tension Rod bushingsB&M Short ShifterSpec Stage 3+ ClutchER Radiator Cooling PanelForge coolant hosesMiata BatteryNismo Motor and Tranny MountsGreddy Boost GaugeGreddy Oil Pressure GaugeGreddy Rocker-Arm StoppersCusco Rear Sway Bar

Waiting to be installed:Tien Tie-Rod and Tie-Rod EndsBattle Version RUCA'sBattle Version Rear Toe RodsCusco Front Sway BarZ32 front brakesSteel Braided Brake Lines Steel Braided Clutch LineFuel Pump hardwire kitKYB AGX Rear StrutsSPLParts Subframe CollarsSteering BushingsMR Exhaust ManifoldMR Turbo ElbowCircuit Sports steel braided Oil/Coolant lines

Looking to buy:Racing seatscamlock-type 5-point harnasses

I also need to figure out some brake-cooling, probably going to go with some sort of laundry-induction. I will also do the hood-mod for better cooling. Hoping my car holds together :DFor those that have done road-courses before, is there any helpful insight that you can give me? The event is April 14th, so I have 2 months to put the car together.Edit: This car is also my daily driver

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SOUNDS EXCITING! Get Pics & Vids if you can .

DuckyD
Car: 1995 240SX

Thanks, I finally get to start putting all those parts on.I also ordered the Greddy oil-pan to prevent oil-starvation and I'm also going to try some chassis stiffening foam in the pillars and rocker panels. I will let you guys know how that stuff goes and will definately snap some pics.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”