Does your engine pulse when you're A/C is on too?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
drose
Car: 2003 Xterra SE V6 4x2 5spd

I've had my 2003 Xterra for about a month now and until recently haven't had to use the A/C much as I prefer windows down cruising. But lately its been too hot and I had to resort to the A/C, and of course it robs some power, but has anyone had the issue with truck feeling like its pulsing about once every second? At first I thought I was imagining it or just absentmindedly pulsing the pedal myself, but my passengers have noticed it too, and it happens on cruise control. Its noticeable enough that I can feel my body jerk back from the acceleration, all while maintaining a constant speed. The rpm's appear to stay constant...has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a natural characteristic of the truck or does it sound like something is wrong? Any advice?

Thanks,-dave

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

I have a 2000 Xterra and have been using my AC for the last 3 weeks. I don't feel any surging when my compressor kicks in and out.

I have the Heating/AC system in ADOBE PDF format for the 200 Xterra (very similar to the 2003) . Say the word and I will send it to you. After reading the section myself I can say it doesn't really list your specific symptoms.

An AC system isn't easy to diagnose unless you are familiar with the issue. IE You're a Nissan Tech +/or you have the tools to check it out properly.

I wonder if your AC compressor is at fault

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”