does this sound good?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
bigdave240
Car: cars, riding motorcycles

stock ka24e with 160k, runs perfect and doesnt use oil... worth it to buy performance parts??

was thinking about pacesetter header and monza exhaust,but whats the best intake, and cam

i found some kind of full intake system on the net for $80, is that more than a jwt pop-charger?

WAbernethy

Don't do it man! Don't buy that Pacesetter crap. I know it's tempting because it's so cheap but put the $ that you were going to spend on the 2 mods and get 1 good one. How do I know you ask? I have the Monza exhaust. I mean, it's not terrible. It's just not that good either.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

WAbernethy wrote:I have the Monza exhaust. I mean, it's not terrible. It's just not that good either.
not terrible?!! mine's complete crap. seems like the longer i have it, the worse it gets. it sounded nice when i first put it on, heck i even set off a few car alarms with it! now everyone asks me what the heck is wrong with my car? this thing sounds pitiful.

WAbernethy

:rotflmao

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

you could buy the monza exhaust (i think is 2.5 mandrel bent, right??? or wrong???) and cut the muffler and put a GOOD muffler in, Full cat back with less money....

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

Cheap exhuast is hard to find. I went to a local parts house(Savage Auto Parts) and found that they had 2.25" mandrel bent galvanized aluminum for $87. So I went with that for now and an Apex N1 muffler(About $190 on parts site now). I like the note it puts off. Not to loud at cruising speed, but when you get in the gas it gets a bit louder.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Also, dont get the Pacesetter header. It sucks too. The fitment was horrible, the damn thing rattled against the underside of the drivers footwell until i took it to a muffler shop to have them weld the 2 peices into 1, but the just banged in the floorboard where it was rattling. Also, the O2 sensor sits off the #2 cylinder, so the ECU only gets O2 readings from 1 cylinder, unlike the Hotshot header that has the O2 sensor where the #2 & #4 collectors come together. As soon as i can afford it, my Pacesetter header is going in the trash for a new Hotshot header.

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

OK, I am a truck guy, and will admit that I do not know much about the sohc 240sx much excepts for the motor, but have any of you guys ever tried the Doug Thorley header? I had one on my KA24E TRUCK(note I said truck) and it was bad a%%.....WAAAAY better than that Pacesetter P.O.S. that I had before it.

Wait...I just went to their website to get more info for you.......truck only.......sorry............but I didn't want to waste the time I took to write the first part. Here is the link anyway. Just go down and click on the KA24 header. Looks good don't it?http://www.thorleyheaders.com/nissan_headers.html

BenBlanco615
Car: Loving My Girlfriend

Doesn't Stillen make headers for the 240?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”