Does this pricing make sense? Help!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Harveyeyes
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wicked Black/Grey Leather

Just wanted to run some numbers by everyone before I committed - please let me know what you all think about this!!!!

MSRP: $27600, and they wont budge

Trade in: $2000 (crapper)Down: $8000Payments: 60 months at $400

Doing the math... that makes it total $34000... does that sound right? I know there is tax (i believe 6% in KY - makes it $1656), title, interest, etc. Is that similar to what others are paying? They did say that they would increase my trade in to $2600, but in the grand scheme of things, it isnt that much difference. I can increase my downpayment to $9000, but again, i dont think that will make much difference.

I've never bought a car before, so someone give me some input please!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

So..

$27600 + tax (1656)=29256+plates and registration ($200ish)=$29456

- trade ($2000)= $27456- Down ($8000)= $19456

60 payments of $400 shows an interest rate of 8.625%.

Not sure how your state applies trade-in (before tax or after tax). Also not sure about the actual cost of license and registration so I estimated.

The math adds up correctly.. the question here is.. are you getting a good deal on the purchase price? Are you getting a good deal on the interest rate?

I wouldn't pay MSRP.. call another dealership or wait a bit for the supply to catch up with the demand. Looks like you've got 4 dealerships within a half hour drive. Call them on the phone and tell them you've got a nice discount from your local dealer, but you want to see if you can get an even better deal. Take the name of the salesman and the dealership and the price they quote back to your local and make them match or beat that price. If they don't.. walk out.

How's your credit history and score? If it's not the best, that might be a decent deal.. if you've got great credit.. that's a high rate. Either way, I'd check with local banks or credit unions to see if you can do better.

jlsatt00

Harvey-

Let me tell you my advice since I just bought my Rogue at the same dealer. It may not be worth much...but it is what I know...Try to make them budge. Try to find another dealer in another area that will give you a discount on the car you want!! Then use it to your advantage. Tell Glenn they can match the price or you will buy it from the other dealer.

FYI, they have a loaded one in Richmond and one in Frankfort that is blue. An Iridium Graphite loaded in Cinci. I am sure there are more to find if you look in the Nashville area.

I honestly think when I gave them a deposit (even though the price was already negotiated) they stopped working very hard because they thought they had me. They were planning to dealer trade my Rogue and didn't seem to be working very hard to get me answers. My husband gave them a one business day deadline to get me answers or we would go to another dealer. They had me an answer in hours!

Also, I am assuming you are getting a loaded one, right with leather and moonroof and all?

I financed 20000 and my payment is $390 for 60 months at 6.5 APR.

Even if they won't go below 27600, with all the ky fees, which will be the 1656 plus 299 (KY charges it on all new vehicles) equals 29555. Keep in mind that if you have to pay MSRP, it isn't so bad since the cars are so rare right now. You just have to decide if you are willing to do that! If you take off your trade for 2600 and your down payment this leaves you with 18944 to finance. The APR can make a difference, but I would think the payment would be under 400.

I honestly would try to get them to budge. They gave me 1100 off MSRP. With that said, I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to negotiate and would have taken the first no. It was my husband that took care of that. If you have to, find a friend or family member who can help you out!!!

I hope this helps!

Harveyeyes

This was actually the dealer in Richmond (Gates) I was talking to... they have the fully loaded one and are willing to trade around. I have been looking at the numbers all afternoon and I can make it work, but I feel like it isnt good enough yet, so I'm going to hold out and also get in touch with Frankfort.

We'll see what happens - I'm trying to be patient, but it's so hard!!!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

It is a first on the lot small SUV for Nissan and you will have some dealers who will not budge. That being said IMO if you can wait you can expect some savings off MSRP in a few months... how many months depends on sales and the economy. I agree with others search for a loan prior to any deal, credit unions are tough to beat if the manufactuer is not offering a below market rate. FYI I got 4.99 %thru my CU. At 6.99 % I probably would not have traded of course I had a 2006 model that I traded that was still a good vehicle. Good luck and try to be patient...I know its tough once you drive a Rogue.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

There are payment calculators at Edmunds.com and many other financial sites that can tell you what your payment should be when you plug in the amount financed, interest rate, and term. Be careful with dealers who give you a monthly payment amount, but hesitate to give you an itemization of charges or a specific interest rate. Edmunds has a ton of buying tips and useful information you may want to look at since you are a first-time buyer.

The finance manager at my local dealer said that Nissan's own best "normal" interest rate currently is 7.29% and tends to be about 1% more than the best credit union rates. My credit union is offering 6.29%; my wife's CU is offering 4.99% (3 years), 5.75% (4 years), and 6.50% (5 years). What you actually get will depend on your credit scores, of course.

amr40509

Harveyeyes -- this is jlsatt00's husband (the guy in Lexington that worked her deal) -- I KNOW you can get your car around here for a lot less if you work the dealers a little.

If you would like, I could put you in touch with the guy at Glenn that we bought ours from and see what he can do for you. Heck, I can even call him for you first if you'd like and tell him to give you a no BS deal and that you'll be talking to me about price, AND that we'll be talking about him on the internet so he better make it work for you Or if wanted to do it 100% on your own, there is at least a $200 off coupon on the internet for Glenn.

I did buy my Pathfinder a year and an a half ago from Gates down in Richmond, but honestly it was only because I came in late in the evening (30 before close, mid week, end of month, in the rain) and the guys that were still there were desprarte to make a deal and not so great at math (I'm a financial guy by trade, so I sat down w/ them an my HP-12C financial calculator and got a heck of a deal).

Remember that everything is a negotiation, they have to sell cars to make money and you don't have a to buy a car from them, so you are the one in control of the deal, not them.

Note -- I have no connection to ANY car dealership and have no gain, financial or otherwise, from any car dealer/dealership. I'm just trying to help out.

intoranat
Car: Nissan Rogue '08

For financing I'd like to throw out the deal that I got.

I purchased my car through Carmax, and was searching for a good rate. My credit is okay, not great, not too bad. I was qualified for a 9.00-something percent for 5 years. I was pretty sad that the interest rate would be that high.

Then another sale represenative mentioned to me a special promotion through Nissan Financing if you purchase the Rogue, you could get it for 6.99%... and I qulified for it even with my so-so credit score.

I guess if you have financing over 6.99% ask about the special promotion through Nissan! I hope that help someone with a not so great credit score like me.

jlsatt00

Harvey - I don't know if this will make a difference, but my sales person at Glenn told my they can pretty much get any trade they want in KY over another KY dealer because they are the highest volume dealer. This is apparently a perk related to being a high volume dealer. So, you might want to see if they will try to get the one you want!

Otherwise, they told me that have nine coming in over the next couple of weeks. Maybe they will get exactly what you are looking for

Harveyeyes

Thanks for the info -

I called Hector at GLENN the other day and he said that they expect shipment by the end of October, so I am just waiting for his call (and checking inventory online daily myself). I'd like to buy there for the benefits of car washes and stuff since i live nearby - what kind of stuff did they offer you?

At this point I'm just waiting to see what comes to Lex... with so many coming to GLENN, NoN will also get a few, and maybe Richmond and Frankfort a few as well, so then the ball will really be in my court as far as best pricing goes. I'm just going to tell them the pricing i want, let them know i know what you got off MSRP, and see what I can get.

I'll prolly have a higher APR - I have excellent payment history of credit cards and whatnot, but LOTS of student loan debt (pushing 200k) that I have to start repaying soon - so I think that scares dealers a little when they see it. Scares me thinking about it!!!

We'll see what happens...

jlsatt00

Harvey-

I to wanted to buy from them as I live close to the dealership. They gave me my first oil change free and free car washes whenever I want. They also said they will try to give me a loaner if I ever need to take it in the shop. Glenn says they only do this if you bought your nissan with them, but my husband bought his Pathfinder in Richmond and they still give him a free loaner.

Best of luck on your search. I know waiting is the worst part. The only reason I have mine now is because I found one I wanted in Owensboro and had Glenn trade for it! Otherwise, I would still be waiting.

It looks like there is currently a Gotham Gray SL AWD with Black Leather in Glasgow, KY and a Red SL AWD with Black Leather in Clarksville, TN. You might want to call for a quote and take it to Glenn Nissan!

Return to “Rogue Forum”