Does anyone remember the thread discussing an out of alignment hood?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

I seem to remeber a previous post (did a search but couldn't find it) where someone discussed that if a Q is put on a lift in the wrong way it could throw the hood out of wack. Mine is, and I'm sure it's from when I had my state inspection done. One side of the hood sits up higher than the other. I'd rather have the exact procedure to do it myself or have the shop do it but at least I could give them right method If anyone knows, let me know, it looks like crap!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

It could be one of the stoppers (near the headlight) is messed up.. Does one side sit loewr than the other (meaning one side is flush, the other isnt)

CrimsonQ
Car: Purple People Eater

mine same problem, never noticed it till i saw your post.

If people didnt describe problems, id have the most perfect car ever built! LOL

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

I can't find it either. I found a thread talking about people using improper jack points on a Y33, and that damaging the fit of the hood:

zerothread?id=112959

But I also remember someone talking about the hood stops wearing out and causing a misalignment when the hood closed - easy fix.

nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

it definitly happened when it came back from the shop. it was either jacked up or put on a lift. the passenger side appears pretty flush but the drivers side is definitly sitting higher. on second thought, the pass. side must sit lower cause i can't raise the hood all the way up because the corner of the pass. side corner will literaly hit the area where the hinges are and will push the corner up! it did a little but i was able to GENTLY push it back down without damaging the paint. where should i start looking????

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”