Does anyone have any experience with AMS Motor sporting in Mississauga?

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mwmatts
Car: 1990 300ZX twin Turbo

Hi Guys, I'm new to this site, I recently did a 120k service on my 1990 300ZX Twin-turbo. Everything was running fine at first after a day or 2 I noticed that once I rev the engine or the RPMs are in the higher range the car fluters and sometimes just off while I'm driving. I was looking to have a legit shop look at the car, Does anyone have any experience with AMS Motor sporting in Mississauga?

looking for a legit shop to diagnose my car.

Thanks

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Absolute Motor Specialties (AMS) Canada started out as a company that copied others' designs and products essentially pirating others' development and producing sub par parts moslty manufactured and drop shipped from China. They have been in business for some time now but whether they have spent any resources on actual development and testing or if they are still the pirates they once were I couldn't tell you since I (as well as MANY others in the Z32 community) stay away from anything AMS like its the plague.

DO NOT confuse them with AMSPerformance from Chicago (the guys that build 1000+ HP Lambos)

Check out this site if you would like a history on AMS Canada: http://www.amspirates.com/

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Although I've purchased parts from them way in the past, before researching.

IMHO they are shady and will do anything to make a buck. Would you trust a company like that?

If you have not read my reply on the other forum, contact Whitehead Performance in North York, about 30 mins from Mississauga.

Did you set/check the mechanical timing after the belt replacement? Check that all the connections to the PTU and CAS are tight.

mwmatts

itsa300zx wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 am
Although I've purchased parts from them way in the past, before researching.

IMHO they are shady and will do anything to make a buck. Would you trust a company like that?

If you have not read my reply on the other forum, contact Whitehead Performance in North York, about 30 mins from Mississauga.

Did you set/check the mechanical timing after the belt replacement? Check that all the connections to the PTU and CAS are tight.
thanks for the feed back, I'll give white head a call and check what you mentioned !

mwmatts

NolimitZ32 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:06 am
Absolute Motor Specialties (AMS) Canada started out as a company that copied others' designs and products essentially pirating others' development and producing sub par parts moslty manufactured and drop shipped from China. They have been in business for some time now but whether they have spent any resources on actual development and testing or if they are still the pirates they once were I couldn't tell you since I (as well as MANY others in the Z32 community) stay away from anything AMS like its the plague.

DO NOT confuse them with AMSPerformance from Chicago (the guys that build 1000+ HP Lambos)

Check out this site if you would like a history on AMS Canada: http://www.amspirates.com/
Thanks for the feed back

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”