Does anyone have a solution? Before i spend $$$$

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
LukeMorandini
Car: Nissan Skyline 2003 Auto

hey guys my car seems to have come across a 'common problem' with the v35 coupe but is a little different and sounds more serious then others..

anyway i started the car this morning only to notice these problems

- VDC, SLIP, AT CHECK all lights on
- No speedo or tacho
- No indicator arrows blinking (although indicators were actually working)
- No wipers (they would come on some times)
- sluggish and rough changing gears
- Headlights were flickering and flashing even when they were switched off.
- Stereo and a/c working fine, seats, mirrors all working fine?

Now the battery seems fine..

however I was driving through some quite heavy rain last night on the highway.. could this be an issue?

I've already checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes ( next to the battery and under the Steering wheel) and WD-40'd the sockets just in case. All the fuses are fine.

I have also unplugged the battery and re plugged it because it sounded like a good idea at the time....

I'm running out of things to check so I'm coming to YOU for help!!

I have a 2003 V35 Skyline.

would really love some help/advice asap as the car was supposed to be put on the market this week!

thanks in advance guys

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Not too familiar with GTRs, but sounds like your lighting control module (not sure of the exact name in these cars) might be at fault. Once you find out, clean and dry the electrical connections and try again. Maybe find a spare used one in working condition to test that one?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Not a GTR. It's a G35.

My first thing would be to replace the battery. Most of those symptoms point to a bad battery ("seems fine" doesn't mean much).

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”