Dodgy VIN Number?!

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Phoenix1911

Hey Everyone!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I've got a 2000 Maxima SE on layaway at a certain dealership, the car is presented as an SE model, fully loaded, leather, blah, blah... I punched the vin through a couple of these VIN search engines and it comes up with 2 entries, (of course they want you to pay to see more info AND the second entry), but the first entry the car is labeled as a GLE model?? wtf? The car is also a 5 speed which I am certain the GLE never came in... Do any other Maxima owners offer any input here? Or if anyone subscibes to CARFAX would they mind punching through the VIN and letting me know what they come up with??

JN1CA31A2YT014837

Any info would be appreciated as this may play an important part in any insurance premiums etc...

Thanx! Phoenix1911

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

moving this to the max section for ya.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

You are right, the GLE never came with a manual tranny. Only SE's and some fouth gen GXE's were available with a stick. I am not sure why that VIN comes up as a GLE as the first choice, and it may be that if you were a "subscriber" or someone with "more time" left on thier car fax access, you would get more detailed information. Someone on here may currently have full access and will be able to help you out hopefully.

Just a thought, and I doubt that this has anything to do with your situation... On my insurance that I pay for my 2002 Maxima SE, it has the actual VIN number on my policy, but under the vehicle description it lists it as "Maxima GXE/SE/GLE". Meaning, I guess that all trims are coded the same. It may be that Car Fax just has the "GLE" on there for no aparent reason and that the trim level of the Maxima doesnt matter as long as you have the correct VIN number. (?) Just thinking, thinking, thinking...

Phoenix1911

I've started to realize that, I looked at some other Carfax'ish sites that give you some info then want you to pay for more and some do list as SE/GLE/GXE under the same VIN... I thought for SURE the exact model would have its own letter or number in there... Very weird, but I do feel better about the whole thing now... Thanx!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”