Do you like your 2nd generation Nissan Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.

Do you like your 2nd generation Rogue and what model year is it?

Yes
42%
No
3%
3%
9%
3%
9%
3%
21%
6%

Total votes: 33

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I am conducting a quick survey of 2nd generation Rogue owners, Model years 2014-2020 (excluding 2014-2015 Rogue Select,as that is part of the 1st generation). Only 2nd GEN owners respond!

Please state why you like or dislike your Rogue and please explain your reason.

Short Old Dude
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV

What I like..It's mine and not the banks/ What I dislike, it has the power of a Singer sewing machine.

Short Old Dude

What I like..It's mine and not the banks/ What I dislike, it has the power of a Singer sewing machine.

Lparsons21
Car: 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid

What I like is that it is a smooth ride with enough tech to satisfy me. And yeah, it isn’t a performance machine but then again, few crossovers are IMO.

dubnationd
Car: 2015 Rogue

pros
smooth ride
lay out of the dashboard/cockpit
good gas mileage for an all-wheel drive car

cons
rattles/vibrates at idle especially during cool weather
not enough power

AbHat
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge SV

Just bought it a 2019 model. Only 1 week old. Love the looks, the smooth and assured ride and all the tech features. Price was too good but not the primary reason. I was willing to buy CR-V or RAV-4 but everything about Rougue felt better.

kheller2
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

For the price paid (4-5K off MSRP and 0% financing, plus other stuff) I think its a pretty good deal. For those of you who are comparing this to a CR-V and Rav-4 etc.. keep in mind that the 2019 Rogue has the same physical footprint (but 2 inches more narrow) than a 2014/2015 Kia Sorento. This isn't a super compact vehicle (although it feels like one) .. it's just as big as CUV's from a few years ago. Granted, the Sorento has a lot more interior hauling room, the Rogue has incredible 2nd row seats and space for passengers there.

The tech on the Rogue is pretty phenomenal. If you can afford it, I suggest going with the 2019/2020 premium package that gives you a sunroof AND darn good LED headlights. Stock headlights are pretty poor in the rain... as are most vehicles.

I'm only around 300 miles on the vehicle but its a great Nissan for sure.

To put this into perspective, we were looking at Honda Passports (so darn close to buying that) and CR-Vs (90' doors and tons of interior trunk space), Toyota Rav4 (finally looks pretty good again) and Highlander (meh), and the Kia Telluride (drool) and Sorento (can't stand the new dash bump out flow .. I really liked the dash from 2014/2015). The Rogue was a one off "we should probably take a look at what Nissan has to offer". It was an instant win for the wife and I. Granted, it isn't going to tow anything at all compared to a V6 and the roof rails seem a bit weak at 100lbs each) but it is a great all around vehicle. The 170HP 4 banger does pretty well and I can overlook the CVT feeling of yore by putting it into sport mode or driving with the shifters.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Our 2015 SL is my wife's vehicle. She likes it very much. Me, well, my drive is an '18 Mustang convertible, so I prefer not to drive the Rogue anymore. My only real complaint with it is the power. I think that they should've put more work into getting some more hp and torque out of that engine. Maybe a regular trans vs. the CVT would have helped that. I am happy with the fuel economy though. We've had very few problems with it. We had to replace the driver's exterior door handle because the remote access button stopped working. And I'm not very happy that apparently you can't update the navigation maps. I really wish I could've talked my wife into waiting for the 2016 MY as I think it would've had Android Auto, amongst other extras that weren't on the 2015. But what are you going to do.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

johnnybeerotten wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:46 pm
Our 2015 SL is my wife's vehicle. She likes it very much. Me, well, my drive is an '18 Mustang convertible, so I prefer not to drive the Rogue anymore. My only real complaint with it is the power. I think that they should've put more work into getting some more hp and torque out of that engine. Maybe a regular trans vs. the CVT would have helped that. I am happy with the fuel economy though. We've had very few problems with it. We had to replace the driver's exterior door handle because the remote access button stopped working. And I'm not very happy that apparently you can't update the navigation maps. I really wish I could've talked my wife into waiting for the 2016 MY as I think it would've had Android Auto, amongst other extras that weren't on the 2015. But what are you going to do.
2016 and 2017 has the same HU as the 2015.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

2016 and 2017 has the same HU as the 2015.
[/quote]

So I could do an update on the 2015 to get Android Auto? As regards the navigation, when I go to the Nissan site, it tells me that there are no maps available for the vehicle.

Dahigufa

I do...new to it but I like it. My boss has a 2017 and loves, it so....with all I saw out there (used, low miles, late model. higher mileage, etc), everything kept pointing me to Rogue. Test drove a few others, but didn't have the mpg I was looking for).
Coming from a '17 VW GLI, was used to a lower, more aerodynamic, more powerful car.....didn't say I fully liked it....sat too low, low profile tires (rough ride and too easy to mark up on curbs). So, was looking for something which sat higher, more comfortable, etc.
As for the power - took a few days to get used to, but it's ok, still doesn't have the roll-on like a sports car, but it's not a sports car. Around town is great, and comfort on the highway is great.
I had never used Apple Car play (GLI had it, but never used it), it provide mapping for me, since the one I got lacks nav. Wish I would have got the 4 camera array for the overhead shot when backing....I'll live with it.
Tech is pretty good, not as bad as some reviews I read.
Comfort is tops

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

Mine is a 2018. Yes, I like it. Purchased new. Now has 17,000 miles.

Pros: Price paid, AWD, nice ride, android auto, decent build quality, MPG (32+ on long trips at 70 MPH). very quick warm up even in very cold temperatures, comfortable seats, advanced safety features, great dealership (sales and service).

Cons: Crappy tires (replaced with all weather rated tires), had a few initial quality issues (HU and fuel pump assembly replaced). Had to take it in twice for recalls (firmware updates for the auto braking feature and rear camera). Had to buy a special tool to program TPMS IDs in the ECM for tire rotations.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

2014 SL FWD purchased new. What I don't like:
Stopped making FW updates for infotainment system and map updates (SD card) after ~3 years.
Mileage is nothing close to what was advertised.
Blind spot cameras don't work in the rain.
Forward collision warning errors when driving in parking structures with spiral ramps.
Can't (or at least really difficult) to upgrade infotainment system to Carplay while also keeping overhead view.

Newer version don't have some of these problems. I pretty much like everything else.

Return to “Rogue Forum”