do the power door locks light up on the doors

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
richmn605

This is probably a stupid question but we just bought a brand new 2008 rogue and drove it at night with the lights on. when you look at the power door locks on the door they do not light up. My question is are they supposed to or do I have to take it back to get fixed also should the interior light come on when you open the back hatch. any help would be appretiated.

richmn605

Hard to believe I have not had a response to this easy question. should the power door lock buttons light up at night when you turn your lights on?

zdefonte

Sir, no Sir!

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

all interior lights are controlled by switches, you have to set the switches to DOOR in order for any of them to turn on.

philipa_240sx

richmn605 wrote:This is probably a stupid question but we just bought a brand new 2008 rogue and drove it at night with the lights on. when you look at the power door locks on the door they do not light up. My question is are they supposed to or do I have to take it back to get fixed....

Only the drivers side power window switch illuminates. All other switches including the power door lock switch remain dark.
richmn605 wrote:also should the interior light come on when you open the back hatch. any help would be appretiated.
Yes, it does. Make sure you have the switch for the light on the rear hatch turned to ON or AUTO. It's probably the most common question asked here:

"Where is the rear hatch /cargo area light?"

"It's on the inside of the rear hatch."

BTW, welcome to the forum. Please read the stickies at the top of the forum, esp the Official Rogue FAQ and Welcome to NICO. Lots of good information and answers to many questions can be found there.

Return to “Rogue Forum”