DO NOT USE CASTROL SYNTEC Edge with Titanium!!!!

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
born2shift

Piece of s*** oil. I HATE THIS f*** oil!!!! It looked like doggie milkshake s*** from the start. It poured like WATER with bubbles in it. Even in the dip stick it looked like bubbly milk shake. I put in the 4 & 7/8ths of oil last night. I checked it this morning before driving and it was full. I drove 30 miles to downtown LA and no problems. I check the oil before coming back and it looks empty, but I am not sure because this f*** oil looks like bubbly s*** anyway. From the start it was hard to tell if there was oil. So I just drove home and checked the water temp. Then right when I exit the freeway the check oil light came on. f*** I pull into the gas station and I can hear the valvetrain. f***!!!! I check the oil and it looks f*** empty and under the oil cap is milkshake. FYI it looked like milkshake, FROM THE CASTROL, when I first changed it too. Like I said this oil looks like s***!!! I ask the gas station tech to help me check for a leak. NO OIL leaking AT ALL! Where the f*** did all that oil go in 60 round trip miles???? I pour in 3 quarts of Mobil One and drive the 2 miles home. Check the driveway and under the car and still NO OIL LEAKING. I WILL NEVER EVER use that dog s*** oil again!!! I should not have switched from Mobil One!!! :facepalm: The water temp never showed any overheating but the oil now looks DARK. I think I am going to flush this f*** tomorrow and go back to Mobil One.

P.S. My main gripe is the color and viscosity of the oil itself. I should have added more oil after the first 30 miles. However the way the oil looks it really is hard to tell. When I first changed the oil and ran it of course bubbles were there. However the next day BEFORE I started it I check and the oil looked exactly at the right level. I drove the 30 miles and checked the level soon after and it was bubbly all the way up the dip stick. Mayo dog s*** goo on the oil cap. Which actually looked the same after I started it the night before after I did the oil change. So maybe this oil does lubricate well but for me I am not liking it and am still wondering where all that oil went because there was no smoke either. The whole trip I kept under 3,000rpm. The engine was perfectly fine before all of this butter smooth until now...

Throckmorton
Car: 2007 Altima

OK, 15 days later, what happened to your car? Was it a leak? Where did the oil go in 60 miles?

born2shift

It had to be a small leak. However I never found where the oil leaked from. Nothing shows where ANY oil leaked from. Again no smoke was seen at all.

I changed the oil back to Mobil One and used 1 quart of Marvel Mystery Oil. I also added some to the fuel tank as well. Everything is smooth and quiet again. The oil is nice and amber clear with the correct level.

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

born2shift wrote:It had to be a small leak. However I never found where the oil leaked from. Nothing shows where ANY oil leaked from. Again no smoke was seen at all.

I changed the oil back to Mobil One and used 1 quart of Marvel Mystery Oil. I also added some to the fuel tank as well. Everything is smooth and quiet again. The oil is nice and amber clear with the correct level.
You added oil to the fuel tank??

born2shift

Like I had said I added Marvel Mystery Oil to BOTH the engine and fuel tank. It is suggested at a ratio of 4oz to every 10 gallons of fuel. Everything instantly became butter smooth again. Got to love Marvel Mystery Oil.

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Good man, I have never heard of that product before. Glad you got it sorted out. I used a synthetic oil in a tractor when those products were first hittin the shelves and the entire engine seized up as the oil had solidified over winter.

rcboy514
Car: 2013 VW Golf TDI 4dr 6-speed
2008 A/C 3.5 CVT (sold)
2004 BMW 545i V8 >:-)
1991 BMW 535i I-6

That's strange.........did the bottle look like this?

If so, I've used that in my bmw 545i for the last 3 oil changes approx. 20k miles and in the altima the last 5k miles and I've had zero issues with it. Poured out perfectly smooth and golden. What wt. were you using, 5w30?

Also, just curious as to why you kept pouring the oil in the engine if it looked like canine feces to begin with? Something seems fishy, where did you buy the oil from?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”