Do I need Front/Rear Camber Kit with Coilovers?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
2JZswaped
Car: Infitini
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

I recently bought my 1990 S13 Hatchback completely stocked out. I've put on "17 215mm Rota Grids with fresh tires all around.
Now I've decided to lower the car with some cheap Godspeed coilovers just to do the job of a daily driver.

I've read around and asked a few friends about cambering kits. I'm not sure whether or not I'll need them because of the wheels going negative cambering from lowering the car or not.

All I'm looking for is about a 2 1/2 inch drop with stock offset and without any positive or negative cambering.

Looking for some help of the NICO community! :confused:
Thanks!

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

you will need RUCA's (rear upper control arms), and im pretty sure that the front is a pillow-ball type mount with a camber plate so you should be good there, just make sure you have it aligned after the install so you wont destroy a set of tires every couple of hundred miles

2JZswaped
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

Didn't realize that most coilover fronts come with the pillow-ball mount and camber plate on them. I ordered some RUCAs to go along with the set.
I'll be sure to get an alignment aswell.

Thanks!

ashibah83

no problem, just make sure that the camber IS adjustable on the front via plates, i believe most of the Godspeed stuff does....i just checked thay say that all of them do, so you should be good

ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

you might want rear toe rods to so you can adjust the toe

ashibah83

the toe should be fine with the factory links, as long as you dont "doo-doo" slam it, lol

ScrapnSidwayz

lol well lots of people including myself "doo-doo" slam their cars. I have recently raised mine but I had buy aftermarket toe rods because I couldnt get the toe within spec. Also when you decrease the negative camber in the rear it causes more toe out, so he might not have enough toe adjustment. He only wants to lower his car 2 1/2 inches so he might not need to buy aftermarket roe rods, but it wouldnt hurt.

2JZswaped
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

I'll definitely put the toe rods into consideration, but I just want it lowered enough to close the fender gap. Don't think I'll go any lower than that, if so then I'll definitely pick up some aftermarket toe rods. :]

ScrapnSidwayz

Man I said the same thing about only lowering it enough to close the fender gap the first time that I lowered my car and I ended up slamming it as low as I could possibly go lol, there is a possibility that you will go lower than you expect.

2JZswaped
G37 S Convertible
Liquid Platinum
Bagged
Nessen Forged wheels

You're probably right, especially if I have very influential friends that like slammed cars.
But I am pretty solid minded about things.

But anyways, I'll probably do a review about the Godspeeds after some time since there's so much flame about them. We'll see how low I am then haha.

ScrapnSidwayz

lol your going to lower your car and drive it for a while then be like "this isnt so bad, I can definitely go lower". Then your going to keep lowering it more and more until you find out how low is undriveable and then you will raise it a bit and then you will be happy lol.

Anyways my friend has godspeeds for his s14 and they went a lot lower than expected. I personally wouldnt buy Godspeed coilovers but for daily driving like you want to do they will be more than enough. Do post up a review though, I always like to read them. Good luck with your car man!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”