Do I need a CVT or Valve Body?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Harbison
Car: 2007 Altima

2007 Altima 2.5, 205K

Bought car with 165K. Had CVT trouble since 170K approximately. Changed fluid. Kept it to in-town commute,, shorter trips, lower RPMs. Recently changed fluid again. Getting codes P0745, P0840 and P0845 every time. Codes come up even before I put it in drive. TSB suggests changing valve body for P0845 and P0840. Went to the junkyard to get valve body but all the valve bodies and almost all of the transmissions were already gone. The car is not worth a new CVT if the problem is internal but may be worth a valve body. I removed the transmission oil pan and valve body and there was very little debris which was promising.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

Richard

macgiver

If your that far into it , you sound competent , the "catch" is finding a good one (used valve body) OR better new ??
My opinion , yes gotta try that approach , and NO for replacing the whole shabang ! ( CVT = she bang -up-bad)
:rotflmao

macgiver

One more thing , theP0745 looks like solenoid controlling pressure , the other two -840 &-845 looks like "sensors" simply REPORTING bad pressure ?? A R&R pull and check using volage on that solenoid , while you are feeling the actual "push" of the plinger - see if strong may ought to be tried / checked / replaced FIRST, especially if the valve body is elusive or new is very expensive.

Tip: ALWAYS when doing a "pan-drop fluid/filter" on ANY auto-trans , Re-Tork all the little bolts securing the valve body , usually 10mm and usually as many as 30 of them . I've ALWAYS found them to have loosened.
The extreme high fluid pressures can "blow by" the passages , whatever and weeken the hydraulic "actions" that govern your transmission's operation.

So if solenoid in question(code) and valve body bolts were "under spec" those two things along with the new
FACTORY/DEALER specific fluid may be IT !! That's all she needs ? :wtf2:

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”