diy VCD disable switch..

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
sleepyRPS13
Car: to sleep

has anyone done it or has links for a diy vcd kill switch?

this what ill prob do first, if i ever get a g35c (just dreaming what ill do with it).

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

sleepyRPS13 wrote:has anyone done it or has links for a diy vcd kill switch?

this what ill prob do first, if i ever get a g35c (just dreaming what ill do with it).
(Assuming you meant the Vehicle Dynamic Control or VDC, right?)

I am pretty sure that the G35 already has a VDC off switch ... Might be simpler to just use it!

You just have to push it each time you start the car, as I recall from a read of the manual.

FWIW, my M45 has the VDC off switch, and I do prefer using it for normal driving (including wet weather) with the amount of power the car has! I only turn it off when I really want to accelerate hard in a race.

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Okay ... I went to look at the manual. Here is what it says!

Z

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Z, hit the nail on the head. The VDC is as simple as pushing the button and it goes off. It will automatically turn on each time you start the car. I don't see any reason in fully disabling the VDC though.

sleepyRPS13

i did not know that, thanx

i watched BMI tuned z face off, one of the z33 , they had made a vcd kill switch for it. assuming they were the same, i did not know there was already a vcd off button for the g35.

as for turning off vcd, BMI test a g35 in a quick autox course with vcd on, they said it understeered. when off was fun to drive, more neutral oversteer.

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

It has been known that if you turn off VDC it can still come back on if it really senses danger. I think it's really difficult to turn it off because it is somehow worked into the ecm.

MainEvent212

nope, it dosent come back on if it really senses danger...unless i wasnt getting dangerous enough today at 45mph fully crossed up around a corner...lol

sleedawg
Car: G35 Coupe, 240sx (s13) w. sr20det, 1990 Spec Miata

the traction control doesn't come on when you turn off the VDC, but the rear brakes will still work as a pseudo LSD (on open diff cars) and roast the rear brakes when driven "very spiritedly."

the easiest way to permanently turn off the VDC and the "brake activated LSD" is to unplug a harness underneath the center console/armrest area. learned that from the boys at Technosquare when i went in for my ECU flash.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome to NICO sleedawg. Thanks for the info.

How is the reflashed ECU? Is there a pretty substantial difference in the performance and feel of the car?

sleepyRPS13

so... basically you can just put a on&off switch on the harness under the center console instead of pluging it and unpluging it. thats cool!!!

quick somebody do it! vcd killswitch ..do it. do it. cmon.do it.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

You should be able to use some sort of delayed momentary signal relay to turn the VDC off each time you turn on your car. This would also allow you to turn the VDC on simply by pressing the VDC button. I would guess that you would only need a grounding signal but I am not sure of that.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”