DIY sound deadening

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

Ok so ive noticed that whenever im in a newer car, since newer cars have better sound deadening, it just feels more solid compared to a sub 2000 car, and you dont feel every imperfection in the road, and is a much smoother and quieter ride, and as a daily, thats very nice to have

now dynamat can get expensive, so i did a little research on DIY sound deadening and i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7eIF4cgFx4im probably gonna try that underneath the back seats and in the trunk, possibly the door panels

anybody else have any ideas, or things they did to get a quieter ride?i have some insulation foam i was gonna put inside the door panels, but this seems a lot nicer, and more like dynamat

ncs14
Car: 1995 240x se

turn it into a jetson's car and do away with road noise period......just an idea

gregfarz78
Car: 04 Honda S2000
97 Nissan Hardbody King Cab 4x4
09 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5L

You can find that peel and seal stuff at lowes, I've tried it I would say just go with a dynamat alternative like raammat by the time you buy enough of that peel and seal to cover the entire car you'll probably spend almost $100 might as well spend a few more bucks and get the real deal. The peel and seal isn't as thick either so you'll have to double up on it. Don't know why that guy was using carpet padding either thats not going to do jack in a car, you need a closed cell foam to block road noise not open cell carpet foam

ishot50

any1 try the stuff that the guy used for the vw yet?

the.rise

i can attest to the power of dynamating a complete interior.. with doors shut the car is incredibly quiet and the sound quality is much more crisp and contained from the speakers... but as for road noise, it surely gets reduced

aea-1919

quiet is the only way to ride. worth a few extra pounds if you ask me.

Paulevalence
Car: 1992 240sx SE Fastback, 1995 Buick Century

when you try it out, let us know how it works. I'm all for doing a cheap fix as long as it works well

8v fury
Car: 1991 nissan hardbody extended cab

I won't recommend using that stuff from home depot or lowes , due it not stay applied in hot weather (falling off the roof) and also some of the chemicals that are in it. There are other sound deadening stuff out on the market, that are cheaper then dynamat.

s13lover1
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe Base

how about b-quiet it looks pretty good and people have said good things about it. I guess it competes pretty closely with dynamat and doesnt have the expensive price tag.

Timeless240

I give a thumbs up to b-quiet. I did my s13 hatchback doors and hatch area with the brown bread. I did the entire interior under my carpet with home depot peel n seal and then a layer of b-quiet L-comp over it, and it's as quiet and solid as my friends lexus.

I've been meaning to take interior dB levels with my radio shack meter like they do in car and Driver, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

i have boston acoustics components, MB Quart coaxials, and 2 10' subs and on full blast you can barely hear anything on the outside and NOTHING rattles.

Return to “Interiors”