DIY mods with 3d printer

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
sptrx
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Howdy everyone.

I picked up a 2006 M45 with base trim a while back and my goal with the modding is to make the look and sound match the engine.
I've removed the mufflers and the resonators and put in a shorter glasspack where the resonators were, as well as an x-pipe where the stock Y-pipe was located.
Sound, check.

Now to the looks. So far I haven't really done anything except installing new exhaust tips, one dual 3" output on each side, to somewhat match the stock system but make it lean a bit more towards the beefier side.
I've noticed, however, that the big tips which are black, stand out a bit much from the rear stock look. Lets just say they don't really fit in with the silver metallic huge luxury sedan rear bumper.

So I'd like to make it look a bit more fitting, with the Nissan GT-R as a distant role model. I plan on wrapping the lower part of the bumper black, as well as installing a diffuser and a rear splitter that would go under the exhaust tips, not unlike a GT-R or an aftermarket 350Z diffuser. There doesn't seem to be any bolt on diffusers or splitters that I could find, and even if they were, they would certainly not be in my price range. So my plan is to 3D print some parts, paint them and bolt them to the bottom of the rear bumper.

So before I start making a hot mess in Blender, I thought I'd ask... Has anyone here made something similar? Maybe someone has a CAD design they could share? If not, maybe someone would like to collaborate to produce a design?
I'm not very picky, and the benefit of having such an unusual car in my area, is that no one really knows what they're supposed to look like, so I feel I can get away with almost anything.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Been around these parts a really long time and I don't think we've had any M model models of anything that can be 3D printed. You will be a pioneer!

vabrova
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2001 Infiniti I30t

I don't have a CAD file of my diffuser but if you are anywhere near D.C. then I would meet up with you so you could model it. Certainly not the first to do it - my inspiration came from 5stargarage on YT.

Six_Legs
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport
1995 Nissan 240SX SE 5spd

5star used to be on here, probably where you got those pics of his M with TS diffusor. His car was fire with the custom front bumper! He has a vid on how to mount that diffusor if you wanted to go that route. I think you have to move exhaust to make it work.
Aftermarket support for the M45 is basically non existent.

vabrova
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2001 Infiniti I30t

His car was fire - 1of1. He was much more comfortable than me modding the body to make his ideas work. The approach I took was to modify my add ons to fit the car (gotta widen the diffuser if you want to clear the outside edges of the muffler chambers). Would like to see more body mods from the community.

sptrx - hope you are successful in your diffuser

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”