DIY - iPod Integration to Bose Navi

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Overview: This DIY is to help you integrate your iPod with a product called LiquidAux form Kensington to your stock Bose Navi unit

Difficulty:3

Time:60 minutes

Cost: $40 - $80 Kensington LiquidAUX Auxiliary Car Kit with Remote for iPod

Materials: 6' right angle 3.5mm cord, a 3.5mm coupler and the LiquidAux product

Tools: philips screwdriver, small flat screwdriver,

Procedure: This DIY will show you how to integrate an iPod interface into the stock Bose Navigation System. Above are the items you will need to accomplish this task.

You will need to purcahse a 6' right angle 3.5mm cord, a 3.5mm coupler and the LiquidAux product. i bought everything on amazon and you also have the option of buying the LiquidAux and the 3.5mm coupler together which is what i did and recommend. everything together came to about $55...

after you get those get your tools ready. all youll need is a small flat head screw driver (to pry pannels away) and a philips head screw driver (for 2 screws) and thats it! nothing else besides your hands.

Step 1: this is where youre going to need that small flat head screw driver... Pry the small pannel that is underneath the HVAC controls that is parallel to the ground. i found the best way to do this was to pry it from the sides...

Step 2: grab the top of the panel that surrounds the cd changer and give it a tug towards you. you should hear some clips release. you also want to pull up to get the panel all the way out...

Step 3: grab your aux cable an start shoving it up underneath the plastic that is on either side of the center console. you should just be able to pull it away with very minimal force enough to shove the cable up behind it. go ahead and shove the cable behind the panel all the way to the back seat...

Step 4: route the aux cable up into where the cd changer sits. you can see in this picture how i did it...

Step 5: move both front seats all the way up to expose the 2 screws that hold the rear vent panel on. use your small flat head screw driver to pry away the little covers that cover the screws and then use your philips head screw driver to remove them. there should be 1 screw on either side...

Step 6: pull away the panel that has the rear vents on it. i found this to be the hardest panel to pry away. it takes some force and feels like youre going to break something, but trust me....you wont...

Step 7: from step 3 you should have already routed your aux cable to the back seat(behind the panel between the passenger seat and the center console). with the rear vent panel off you should easily be able to route the cable up and into the arm rest box. i found that the easiest way to do this was to slide the actual arm rest all the way to the front towards the gear shifter and open up the arm rest to expose the arm rest storage compartment. here are some pics of how i routed the cable...

Step 8: go ahead and replace the rear vent panel. move the front seats all the way back to their normal positions, and replace the panel that surrounds the cd changer. plug the aux cable into the hole and then replace the little panel underneath the HVAC controls...

step 9: plug your LiquidAux product into the power outlet in the arm rest storage box and connect your right angle aux cable with the one that is attached to the LiquidAux product via the 3.5mm coupler and youre done!...

Originally done by bina12834

Return to “Nissan Articles”