DIY FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
rookie55
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Hey everyone, I have a 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport (Y50) and if anyone is having the problem that I was having; where you try and start the car and it either turns over a couple times and doesn't start, or it barely starts and idles like crap (and you tested the battery and the battery is good) it very well could be your fuel pump!

I ordered the Hitachi FUP0005 (OEM PART) from Amazon for $183 (USD) shipped and the whole swap took 18 minutes... no joke. RockAuto.com also has it for almost the same price. The stealer-ship wants between $500-$700 (USD) for this replacement. Now, the car starts like it did when I first got it and I even feel like the performance is a little better due to the proper fuel pressure.

I am not going to take any sort of credit for this video what-so-ever, but it is the best tutorial video I have seen for this replacement and I just had to share it with everyone. The guy in the video (YouTube name "Bagger on a Budget") is very simple to follow and to straight to the point. Most importantly, he shows you how to test the fuel pump before removing it and throughout the whole video, he doesn't turn off the camera between steps so you feel like you missed something.

Tools/Materials used:
- New Hitachi FUP0005 Fuel Pump (OEM Part)
- Multi-meter
- Philips head screw driver
- Ratchet or Screwdriver with 8mm socket
- Small flathead
- Shop towels
- Respirator
- Goggles
- Nitrate gloves
- WELL VENTILATED AREA!!!!

Again... this is NOT my video, but definitely makes the whole swap out extremely easy!
https://youtu.be/1XLectH9sZg

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Thank you for sharing! I'm sure that video will come in handy.

blackice849
Car: Infiniti M35/45

Definitely a piece of cake. I'm waiting for FedEx as I type this to drop my pump off, so I can do the swap.
I paid the same price as you, well $187, and Infiniti parts online is still charging $488 for the pump.........smh.

Just know your post is still paying dividends, almost a year later.

Thanks

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”