Disturbed

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Well their new album is out and I have to say it's pretty bad a$$. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm starting to like their music more and more. I'm not a fan of heavy metal, but I also don't like kiddy rock. Disturbed seems to be a good rock band that's borderline metal but without the screaming and thrashing. Anybody else a Disturbed fan? Is there anyone that absolutely hates Disturbed? Opinions are welcome.

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

Ugh. Count me as one of the ones who hates Disturbed. It just sounds like poser metal to me. They try too hard. I'm also a much bigger fan of music that is challenging to play, and Disturbed is anything but that.

Papi Chulo
Car: 72' Datsun 510

xekushnr wrote:Ugh. Count me as one of the ones who hates Disturbed. It just sounds like poser metal to me. They try too hard.

I throw disturbed in the same basket as nickelback.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

my friend just got there new cd

AZ89two4Tsx

Papi Chulo wrote:I throw disturbed in the same basket as nickelback.
Nickleback??? Come on, they're not that bad! And besides, they don't even have the same style of music. Is Lil Wayne in that basket too?

Whatever, Disturbed is decent, but there are better bands. I listen to them, but I wouldn't go out and buy their album or something like that.

Papi Chulo

AZ89two4Tsx wrote:Nickleback??? Come on, they're not that bad! And besides, they don't even have the same style of music. Is Lil Wayne in that basket too?
lil wayne is carrying the basket.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

I used to like disturbed when I was in high school. It's like the easy listening of hard rock, all catchy riffs and overproduced. After their popularity began to fade, they were inevitably picked up by the sweaty goth kids like many other bands before them, and when I hear a song of theirs on the radio I begin to think about stinky fat chicks with dreads and fishnets on their arms.

AZ89two4Tsx

d!ck wrote:After their popularity began to fade, they were inevitably picked up by the sweaty goth kids like many other bands before them, and when I hear a song of theirs on the radio I begin to think about stinky fat chicks with dreads and fishnets on their arms.
Wow, that really makes me not want to listen to them now, thanks. But yeah, I try to stay away from music that "those people" listen to. Cough My Chemical Romance cough cough.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

Papi Chulo wrote:
lil wayne is carrying the basket.
lolz

anything where the music is electronic, or at least primarily electronic, goes below music made with instruments in every way

and yes, disturbed sucks

im not a person to hate bands because theyre mainstream, but they suck for every reason...theres *one* song of theirs where i hear the beat and think its not half bad

darens13
Car: '93 240sx, '90 chevy 1500, '49 dodge pickup

godsmack+lame+cheezy=disturbed

anti_flag_army
Car: 91 Miata, 90 240sx coupe

my problem with disturbed is that is that all of their songs sound the same, my girlfriend and i think that they just keep re-releasing the same album with different names!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Yeah, I can't say I'm a big fan of Disturbed. Their best music is extremely generic, and the rest is spectacularly cheesy. I definitely agree with the above poster that all their music sounds the same.

sr20fan
Car: 93 240sx SE coupe maroon

saw them live at mayhem fest in dallas. went to see machine head and five finger deathpunch. watched them too. live show wasnt too bad. still didnt buy their cd or anything, just saying that after their show, i was thinking 'hmmm, pretty good.'

EDIT: had to sit through dragonforce to see disturbed and slipknot. that was horrible. their keybord guy was running around with a wireless with a strap and thought he was hot ****. slingin it around like a guitar. it was bad, especially because you couldnt hear the keyboard.

snake240
Car: 92 hatch SR20DET

atleast disturbed is consistent w/ their sound. live they really put on a kick *** show. to me thats what counts most. but their cd's blend together if you listen all the way through. id rather listen to slipknot anyday.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I enjoy disturbed, that singer is the white James Brown. eewaahaha!

I like the way people get elitist and judge bands as if bobbing your head to an popular group with the masses somehow undercuts their musical credibility. One does not live on steak alone, nothing wrong with a candy bar now and then. I don't give a **** in it's popish or rehashed. Don't steal though. Avenged Sevenfold was on the radio and when the guitar break dropped I picked up the phone and called the radio station and asked the DJ if Scott Ian gave that guy permission to use his riff. The DJ listened when it came around again and was tripping out "no ****, you're right, that's BS". If it has a good beat and I can wrench to it, it's fine with me.

notslow
Car: Nissan Sileighty

I like them, always have and will probably buy their new album soon. It doesn't bother me anymore if I like bands that are popular. As long as one keeps exposing themselves to new genres and new bands they haven't heard of, its ok to follow the masses once in a while.

weird240
Car: 91 redtop 240fb sold. 91 240sx fb, 95 tercel(flat black beater)

disturbed fucing rocks, love moshing to them!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I like some/most of disturbed's stuff. Perhaps I'll pick up the new album.

Metal4Life..95s14
Car: 95 nissan 240sx

weird240 wrote:disturbed fucing rocks, love moshing to them!
screw yeah. all yall in here that say they suck..well f u and have a nice day.

godsmack is the real deal.

just because disturbed is "mainstream" and doesn't play hardcore emo kid music doesn't mean they suck. and disturbed doesn't suck. you know what band does lick the left nut.....

nismofly

bahaha

listen to the metal thread

tell me thats emo kid music

disturbed needs to go away

Papi Chulo

Creed is pretty tuff too, love moshing to them.

xekushnr

As far as my interest goes, it has nothing to do with mainstream. It just the sophomoric garbage that they come up with, lyrically and musically. I honestly think that a third grader who likes Britney Spears could come up with a better metal song than Disturbed. Again, that's all just my opinion, and it has nothing to do with being mainstream. If After the Burial, Born of Osiris or Protest the Hero were mega mainstream I would still like them. At least they know how to play their instruments.

Maybe its just me because I'm a guitarist, but I like things a bit more complex.

nismofly

Everyone I know who can play or can at least appreciate instrumental talent is the same way, its not just you...

this is also the **** i hear all the time and it gets old real fast, but im used to it

"disturbed and trapt and breaking benjamin is good, see they has guitars"

"you just hate them because theyre mainstream and you think youre cool if you listen to only music thats not mainstream"

its retarded

Metal4Life..95s14

xekushnr wrote:As far as my interest goes, it has nothing to do with mainstream. It just the sophomoric garbage that they come up with, lyrically and musically. I honestly think that a third grader who likes Britney Spears could come up with a better metal song than Disturbed. Again, that's all just my opinion, and it has nothing to do with being mainstream. If After the Burial, Born of Osiris or Protest the Hero were mega mainstream I would still like them. At least they know how to play their instruments.

Maybe its just me because I'm a guitarist, but I like things a bit more complex.
Cough.. you don't know music..cough

xekushnr

That's news to me. I would love to hear your reasons why you believe I dont know music. Is it because I dont like preschool garbage like Disturbed?

Papi Chulo

Metal4Life..95s14 wrote:
Cough.. you don't know music..cough
lul

Technicality doesn't mean anything to me anymore, I like bands that show sincerity in their music. Disturbed sounds like they steal music from themselves... if that means anything. They are a generic pop-rock band at best. Linkin Park is the same. They started out ok, got famous, now they write music to make money. Disturbed, started out mediocre, got famous, and now they write music to sell bad t-shirts and wrist bands. I don't hate on many bands but seriously....

like wtf is this **** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZIummTz9mM Hannah Montana should sing that song ffs.

I would post a disturbed song too but I can't tell them apart :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMR3vTV8bQ god bless America

nismofly

Metal4Life..95s14 wrote:screw yeah. all yall in here that say they suck..well f u and have a nice day.

godsmack is the real deal.

just because disturbed is "mainstream" and doesn't play hardcore emo kid music doesn't mean they suck. and disturbed doesn't suck. you know what band does lick the left nut.....
Metal4Life..95s14 wrote:Cough.. you don't know music..cough

thats the best i could do to describe how funny i find this

Metal4Life..95s14

nismofly wrote:

thats the best i could do to describe how funny i find this
this is the best that could be dumber from

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

wat

xekushnr