Display Screen/Radio intermittently going out

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Beth1433
Car: 06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Yesterday my display screen/radio started intermittently going out. It's almost like something is loose. First it happened when I went over a bump, then when I stopped at a light, and then again when I took off at a light. I'm a girl, but I usually try to fix things myself first.

She just turned to 200,000 miles, and has been the most reliable care I've ever had. I expect these annoying things to come up with the mileage. Anyway any troubleshooting suggestions or what to try first, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I hope it is indeed a loose connection. That is the least traumatic for you and your wallet. There are threads in here and videos on Youtube videos about 'removing the radio", etc that show the steps to remove most of what you need. I always recommend disconnecting the battery before doing anything like this. People have blown fuses (ME!) and control modules that cost thousands of dollars because we did not bother to disconnect the battery. Unfortunately, it requires removing everything from the cup holders forward up to the multi-switch panel (air/con, NAV) etc. You will not need to remove the actual radio, just the trim that covers it. You will also need to remove the small wood / aluminum trim piece near to the start button. All of this sounds much more difficult than it actually is. Remember, you're driving an Infiniti and it was designed from the ground up to be as difficult as possible to get to the simple things like headlamp bulbs, LOL. Once the multi-switch is removed, you will see the connections to the screen above. I would check each harness/socket to verify the wires are securely fastened to the plug and then make sure the actual plug is securely fastened in it's socket.
Anything that needs to unplugged will be no mystery to reconnect because each of these connections will accept only one of the wires you unplugged. You won't need to remember or label any wires as you go. Just be sure to reconnect each one securely so you won't have to go back in a second time.
Hopefully, this solves the issue. If it doesn't, you now know how to get to anything in your console and center stack for the future. Even if you need a new screen, multi-switch, etc ... you can now avoid the dealer, buy the parts yourself, and install them.
Perhaps one of our resident experts like ED or Ilya will chime in with other ideas. Maybe wait a few days for more suggestions before you start to dismantle.

Beth1433
Car: 06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Ok thank you so much for your detailed reply. I’ll wait a few days to see if it persists before I dismantle it, but now I know where to start. Oh how I wish I was in NJ so my dad could help me. 😁

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”