Display/radio/backup camera

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Shake806
Car: 2017 Nissan Frontier

I have a 2017 Nissan Frontier. My display is blacked out with a burnt smell. I had to jump my truck and accidentally connected the cables to the wrong terminals… everything else works in the truck but the display/radio/backup camera won’t turn on, just blacked out.. and there was a burnt smell. I checked the fuses in the glove compartment and none were burnt. Wondering what could have burnt up or how I can get it to work again, thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you held a contest, the Bosch AV Units would probably be voted "most likely to fry from a reverse jump" in all Nissan models. There will be a 20A or 30A fuse in the Fuse & Relay Box under the hood, forward of the IPDM in the same enclosure. That fuse nearly always blows and will sometimes save the AV from destruction. The "burnt smell" is not a good sign, but it could just be insulation cooked medium-rare and not components cooked well-done. Replace the fuse and I'll cross my fingers and toes for you.

Shake806
Car: 2017 Nissan Frontier

Thank you vstar650cl, I’ll check it out! I tried to find diagrams everywhere but nothing I found said anything about the fuses under the hood

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”