DISP button on radio

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bimbamboom

I've got the 6 CD changer radio in my SL premium package Rogue. According to the owners manual, when the DISP button is pressed for more than 1.5 seconds, the display will automatically switch to the next display. I've tried it on mine and nothing happens. Is this just a misprint in the owners manual?

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

You have to read it more carefullyFor 6 cd changer,When you press the DISP for more than 1.5 second, it will automatically change (ONLY in FM and SAT mode)and it won't do it on CD/MP3 mode

You might be looking at the single cd player section which will do that, but not on the 6 cd changer

bimbamboom

zengshengliu wrote:You have to read it more carefullyFor 6 cd changer,When you press the DISP for more than 1.5 second, it will automatically change (ONLY in FM and SAT mode)and it won't do it on CD/MP3 mode

You might be looking at the single cd player section which will do that, but not on the 6 cd changer
Thanks for the reply. I tried it with a FM radio station when the RDS light was on. Supposedly the display will alnernate through the various display modes if you hold down the DISP button. But maybe I'm missing something here.

zengshengliu

bimbamboom wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I tried it with a FM radio station when the RDS light was on. Supposedly the display will alnernate through the various display modes if you hold down the DISP button. But maybe I'm missing something here.
Ok I see what you are sayingI just test it on my 08 Rogue, and sure enough, it doesn't workI test it both on FM(with RDS) and SATMaybe somehow, the function got disableand maybe Nissan just put it on the manual which it is not suppose to be there

Can other people test on their rogue and see what it does?

philipa_240sx

Firstly, BimBamBoom has a Canadian model Rogue. The SL Premium pack in Canada comes with a 'mid-level' audio system that consists of a 6CD changer with MP3 playback, RDS for the FM radio, and 6 speakers. The 'mid-level' system is not available in the US.

The DISP button works differently depending on the audio system:

Base model audio:- Works in CD playback mode only. - DISP toggles between track number, disc/album name and song name. You need to be using CD's that have CD-Text recorded on them to get the disc and song information. A small number of pre-recorded CD's and many 'burned' CD's have CD-Text.

Mid-Level Audio:Same as base audio but adds the following: - DISP during MP3 playback will also give you artist, album, song title, folder name (if used)- In FM radio mode it will give toggle between frequency, station name, and station format ie. 'Rock'. This information is part of the RDS system and may not be available for every station.

BOSE:Same as base and mod-level audio but adds the following:- DISP during SAT radio mode will give channel, category, channel name, song title, artist.

Normally you press the DISP briefly to toggle through the various displays shown above. Pressing the DISP for more than 1.5sec will cause the display to automatically toggle through each display in a continuous fashion. It will stop switching when you press DISP again.

philipa_240sx

bimbamboom wrote:Thanks for the reply. I tried it with a FM radio station when the RDS light was on. Supposedly the display will alnernate through the various display modes if you hold down the DISP button. But maybe I'm missing something here.
BimBamBoom, the radio station you tested the DISP button with may not be broadcasting any RDS information which is why you aren't seeing anything when you press DISP. Try another station.

zengshengliu

I have the bose system with the 6 cd changer

When I press the DISP button for more than 1.5 second, it does not change the info automaticallyI tried it with a cd with mp3s, with SAT, and with FM stations that also have RDS, but still doesn't work

Does it mean my radio has some problem?

philipa_240sx

Not sure, I don't have the BOSE system so I can't test it.

boooey

yea, the manual is wrong here.. Holding the display down does nothing for me either.There was a thread that discussed this a while ago.

zer...age=1

On an unrelated note... Phil, did you need an extension for your Yakima bike rack to clear your bumper?

philipa_240sx

Thanks for clarifying that Boooey.

Return to “Rogue Forum”