Dishwasher help?

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

ok in my house, we have a fairly new-ish dishwasher (maybe 2-3 years old). it gets used every day, so its seen its use in recent times. Its a kenmore, I cant tell you any more than that.

The problem is the dishes dont come out dry. They come out really clean and spot free but theyre not dry. Any suggestions?

EW
Car: 95 S14
98 Cobra
06 F150 supercrew

Heating cycle turned off or element dead?

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

No info to add, but just noticed you picked up an E28.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Check to see if they're really hot after the wash cycle... if not I would suspect a bad heating element. Otherwise, look for anything that collects water, like plastic mugs with recessed bottoms, bowls turned right side up, etc. Even with everything working correctly, I still have some water left on my stuff at the end of a cycle... and that's with every dishwasher I've ever owned.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

elwesso wrote:ok in my house, we have a fairly new-ish dishwasher (maybe 2-3 years old). it gets used every day, so its seen its use in recent times. Its a kenmore, I cant tell you any more than that.

The problem is the dishes dont come out dry. They come out really clean and spot free but theyre not dry. Any suggestions?
After the dishwasher shuts off, open it up. it should be hot inside. As others have written, it could be a heating element? By leaving the door open any moisture will escape & the dishes will dry in a short time. Somewhere on the door frame inside should be a model number. You could try a search in google with the problem and model number.

Sometimes you are better off just getting rid of an appliance and get a new one with a new warranty. We had a Kenmore dryer crap out a few years ago. We went looking for a new dryer. Our 35 year old Maytag washer was fine. Well the wife liked the new high efficiency Fisher & Pykell dryer but decided the high efficiency washer would match & look nice next to it. So for $1000 we got both. Spinning clothes at 1000 rpm does get a lot of water out of them & clothes require very little time in the dryer now.

If you don't want to hear whining and complaining from the wife just throw the $ucking thing out & replace it.

Telcoman

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Q451990 wrote:Check to see if they're really hot after the wash cycle... if not I would suspect a bad heating element. Otherwise, look for anything that collects water, like plastic mugs with recessed bottoms, bowls turned right side up, etc. Even with everything working correctly, I still have some water left on my stuff at the end of a cycle... and that's with every dishwasher I've ever owned.
Same here. Our dishes seem are dryer, too, if we open up the dishwasher and put the dishes away right after the cycle. Any remaining steam escapes before condensing back onto the dishes.

Return to “Around the House”