Disabling Daytime Running Lights?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello, I would like to know if anyone here has done this with their Rogue. I have a 2008 (1st GEN) and was curious about disabling the DRLs, preferably to a toggle switch if possible. I assume there's some DRL module/circuit somewhere that's reading the 'parking break' status so running a switch to ground that signal wire is probably all that'd be required how but I couldn't seem to find any info on this.

Thanks!

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

I don't have a 2008, but I believe this will be like all recent Nissans. Look under the hood or in your in-cabin fuse box for a fuze (probably 10A) called DTRL -- pull the fuze then they should be off and everything else should stll work fine. If you are trying to rig some sort of on/off switch, I recommend you search this forum for the service manual to identify which wires utilize the fuze (if it exists in the 2008).

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Oh wow, thanks, I didn't think to look for a fuse actually. Will do and keep the forum posted when I get a chance to.

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Does 08 Rogue has a DRL? My car does not have one, but not sure if it is a separate option.

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I don't think Nissan/Infiniti has them by default, but as I live in Canada, they're mandatory on all vehicles. On my '98 QX4, it was a little module box that was installed near the headlights, and it went bad which resulted in me being able to drive without any lights on if I wanted, now once the parking break is disengaged, the lights automatically come on.

Return to “Rogue Forum”