Disable windows rolling down from key?

All things Altima Coupe.
kerklein2

I just discovered this as a feature today after thinking my car was possessed for months. I came out to my car 4 separate times with the windows rolled down and thought WTF? Anyway, this is pretty much they dumbest feature I've ever heard of being put on a car. I cannot imagine any scenario in which I would want to roll down the windows with my keys. My question is how can I turn this off? I do not want it. It is only a matter of time before this happens one night and it rains and my car is ruined.

On another note, is there anyway to change the auto-dimming rearview mirror to default to off instead of on? I would rather turn it on when I need it then have to turn it off every time I get in the car. My windows are heavily tinted, so it makes it impossible to see out of the car when it is on.

superblackcoupe
Car: 2009 lemon 3.5SE

I don't think there's a way to disable the auto-rolldown feature. Other people (myself included) have purchased keyfob jackets and they seem to help: http://forums.altimas.org/zerothread?id=395675

DAAN.

You will never use it, so just remove the cable going to the mirror
kerklein2 wrote:My windows are heavily tinted, so it makes it impossible to see out of the car when it is on.

kerklein2

Then I lose my compass my garage door opener.

Mr. Music
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT w/ Convenience Package
In the family: '02 S15 Spec R, '09 Rogue

You can disable the auto roll down feature by disconnecting your battery for a while. You'll loose your radio presets though; and if you ever want to re-program the auto up/down feature, follow these steps (I've done it, works 100%):
SHIFT_COUPE wrote:1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.2. Open the window more than halfway byoperating the power window switch.3. Pull the power window switch and hold it toclose the window, and then hold the switchmore than 3 seconds after the window isclosed.4. Release the power window switch. Operatethe window by the automatic function toconfirm the initialization is complete.5. Perform steps 2 through 4 above for otherwindows.

kerklein2

You are saying merely disconnecting the battery for a while disables this feature?

Viper5000
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 3.5SE/6MT

Mr. Music wrote:You can disable the auto roll down feature by disconnecting your battery for a while. You'll loose your radio presets though; and if you ever want to re-program the auto up/down feature, follow these steps (I've done it, works 100%):
I think this is just for the auto up/down for when you are inside....

zilla19

kerklein2 wrote:On another note, is there anyway to change the auto-dimming rearview mirror to default to off instead of on? I would rather turn it on when I need it then have to turn it off every time I get in the car. My windows are heavily tinted, so it makes it impossible to see out of the car when it is on.
There's the power button on the rear view mirror that turns off the auto dimming feature.

Mr. Music
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT w/ Convenience Package
In the family: '02 S15 Spec R, '09 Rogue

Viper5000 wrote:I think this is just for the auto up/down for when you are inside....
Could be, but I think it disables the function from the key as well. Either way, it's worth a shot.

Ferguson
Car: 09 3.5 SE Coupe
17 370Z Nismo

kerklein2 wrote: I cannot imagine any scenario in which I would want to roll down the windows with my keys.
Scenario - Super hot day, your lady is wearing shorts, car has been sitting in the sun... roll down the window five minutes before you have to get in so you don't hear screams of pain when her flesh hits the almost smoldering black leather...

Besides, if you're rolling down the windows by accident, you are probably also locking and unlocking your car randomly and also setting off the panic alarm! Gotta treat that fob with more respect. Gonna have to give you a good-natured

hamaibor
Car: 2003 Nissan Altima

I have found both front door windows fully opened three times; always on rainy days, the last time during a tropical storm with lots of water, with inside of car soaked. I know this last time was not caused by accidental key press as the keys were lying on dresser all day and car was not used that day. Mechanic suggests a Nissan in neighborhood with same codes as mine. I will try the battery disconnect suggestion, easy enough, and see what happens. Suspect if this continues car will rot from the inside out and stink beyond belief. Only other unrelated water problem has been the roof window drains plugging up and spilling into the car. Good thing Nissan doesn't build boats!

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Wait, I've been trying to do this for months. How does it happen? Am I retarded? Is it only for 2009+? Both?

I get so jealous when my roommate rolls down his windows as we're walking back to his car after work.

Edit: Reading the manual helps. Figured it out. Spent five minutes remotely rolling my windows down and then rolling them back up with the mechanical key. Happy.
Modified by IBCoupe at 12:19 AM 9/5/2009

coupecrazy1232
Car: 2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo 1430

kerklein2 wrote:I cannot imagine any scenario in which I would want to roll down the windows with my keys.
ummm if you lived in Arkansas with a black car you would LOVE this feature...as i do...i use this alllllll the time in the summer...you have to press and hold the unlock button for awhile before it rolls them down so there is not telling what else you are doing and no knowing...

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

Yeah. Manual said your doors had to be unlocked, first.

jaimitoAC
Car: altima coupe 3.5

there is any way tu roll them up with the intellikey???

thankss

iammai
Car: Altima coupe

jaimitoAC wrote:there is any way tu roll them up with the intellikey???

thankss
Search KP technologies. This is not a plug and play mod.

DAAN.

not stock

check above aftermarket

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”