Ding/Scratch Remedy

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Edong t5
Car: M45

New car-owners nightmare. Anyway, the dealer offers "Touch-Up Paint" using factory paints for a temporary, non-professional solution for $6. Also on display was the combined "Touch-Up Magic" and "Turbo Shine" for $16. The touch up magic removes glob from excessive use of the touch up paint mentioned, while the turbo shine...well, shines.

My impression on the touch-up paint is good for small and not so deep scratches/dings caused by rocks on dirt road that hit my car. Hides up the scratch well, unless you really look into it. I applied the touch up marker when the paint dried-up as instructed, and removed not only excess paint but the paint inside the scratchit made it more visible again. My guess is, the touch-up magic would work well on deep sratches.

Touch-up paint would be a cheap temporary alternative. Just apply lightly as needed until the scratch is covered. Forget about the touch-up magic. I have no comments it'll work on deep scratches since I don't have any yet.

Any recommendations on this topic would be appreciated.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Best bet: Find out who the dealer uses for used car recon. Usually, the high-end dealers will have a guy who uses an airbrush for scratches, and can build up the paint (and cut/buff it) to make the scratch invisible.

I had my 95 Q done this way, and the Painless Dent Repair guy as well.

WELL worth the $.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I agree with the above. The air-brush guys do a great job of making the scratch become invisible!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”