Dimmers

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
lindselle24
Car: spending time with my car

So i just cut the dimmer wire that keeps my clock bright even when the headlights are on. I love it. But one problem: that made the lights on the climate control and the cd player dim when the lights are turned on. Does anyone know which wires i cut to eliminate those dimmers? the wire for the clock was red with a blue tracer, but there wasn't that same wire for the climate control and cd player....... help?

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

Did you cut the red wire with the blue line?

Have you checked your dimmer switch?

lindselle24

yeah, so im a retard. I did cut the blue and red wire. But when i was, i must have hit the dimmer switch and not turned it all the way back. They dont' dim anymore. im just retarded

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

lindselle24 wrote:yeah, so im a retard. I did cut the blue and red wire. But when i was, i must have hit the dimmer switch and not turned it all the way back. They dont' dim anymore. im just retarded
Stuff happens, you learn as you go. I'm sure that some of the local NICO members can tell some pretty embarrassing stories of my forgetfulness. For example...

After putting in a new clutch along with a few other parts, I forgot to torque my lug nuts down afterward. :oface That was an experience. Didn't figure it out until 2-3 days afterward. All my lugnuts on the front wheels were hand-tight :eek: On the same job, I pulled the neutral position switch out of the tranny, forgetting that there was still about a quart of tranny fluid inside, and got a BIG face full of 50k mile-old tranny fluid. I stunk for weeks

Working on my 200sx SE-R back in '95, I was wearing a silver ring and connected both the negative and postive battery posts with a socket wrench. :(

There are plenty more, believe me.:D

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

cullenj76 wrote:...I pulled the neutral position switch out of the tranny, forgetting that there was still about a quart of tranny fluid inside, and got a BIG face full of 50k mile-old tranny fluid. I stunk for weeks

That was so damn funny, I almost crapped myself! And did it ever smell bad.

lindselle24

haha, yeah, i guess stuff like that does happen to the best of em. Glad to see im not the only one that can be forgetfull ;)

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”