Digital Speedometer

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Josh
Car: My car

One day when I came out of work and started up my car my speedo/HUD didnt work. Thats it, just quit all together. All the other dash lights work though.

On cold days my dash lights/speedo wouldnt work until the car warmed, but havent had a problem with that cause its summer.

Its not the fuses in the panel by the drivers foot or under the hood, because I just got done checking them. I would like to get this fixed since inspection is this month, although I have heard from like two people that you dont need a speedometer for inspection, is this true?

maxpsi

Different states require different things. is uggest you pull the speedo gauge out and look at the back of it for proper ground connections etc. You might follow the wires to the tranny to see all is in proper place and plugged in. You might also have just a faulty wire.

drjohn

On the early model z's Nissan used a ac/dc converter and the pin terminals inside behind the connector would get what is refered to as cold soilder joints.You could resoilder the pins and it would work. However this model has the converter made into the head assembly. It may be possible to check or repair but more than likely it will need replacing. This might be a good thing to have the dealer check or a reliable shop.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”