digital cluster questiong!!!!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
240noobie

does anyone know where i can get a digital cluster wiring diagram

john_93 vert
Car: 1993 S13 vert

Do you need the wiring diagram for the actual cluster or the subharness plugs ? If you are trying to use the original subharness it is a lot of work - I used a original digital cluster subharness and then it is just plug and play at the main harness.

240noobie

no like the need a diagram of the japense digital cluster the view of the cluster from the back that tells me of what everything it....

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

If anyone can get that for you it's 94_240sx (Nemo). He is the king when it comes to wild s**t like that. So if he can't...no one can. Period. Chime in bro.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

240noobie wrote:no like the need a diagram of the japense digital cluster the view of the cluster from the back that tells me of what everything it....
I wonder what made you think that USDM and JDM digital clusters are different. They are exactly the same, so just do what john_93 vert said. I think you asked this question because JDM digital cluster won't plug into your existing harness. You need to get a harness for digital cluster.

I got both JDM and USDM clusters, got the best parts out of two and put them in one. Cleaner housing, lower mileages digital gauge, power supply, 9k tachometer...etc.

In this picture, top is USDM cluster and bottom one is JDM cluster. Note the 9k RPM tachometer in bottom one and cruise indicator.

In this picture, one on the top is JDM cluster. There's an extra plug attached, but I wasn't able to find out what it was for.

I took them apart and put all the good stuff in one.

Works perfect in USDM s13 with same sub harness.

This is one of the easiest mods you can do, and you don't need diagram for sure.

There's a reason why Nissan didn't put digital cluster in convertibles. It's hard to read speed when top is down and sun is out. But, once you have digital cluster, you don't want to go back to analog cuz it's so cool. Hope this helps.

240noobie

ok so the cluster is the same...now what about the harness...we matched the cluster harness to my car harness and they didnt match up no power is going to the cluster and we tested the cluster an there is power nothing burnt on it...so anyone got a idea about this?

94_240sx

240noobie wrote:ok so the cluster is the same...now what about the harness...we matched the cluster harness to my car harness and they didnt match up no power is going to the cluster and we tested the cluster an there is power nothing burnt on it...so anyone got a idea about this?
That harness on your car can be removed from main harness under the dash and needs to be replaced with this one. It's a direct plug in and that's what john_93 vert and I tried to tell you. Price is about $50-$100 because it's one of those highly sought after s13 parts. Finding harness is relatively easy. It's really frustrating when you find out your speedometer doesn't work or power supply is bad.

240noobie

sorry for all the confusion...thats the harness that came with the cluster that your showing me...but we plugged that into my car harness an nothing...so any ideas

94_240sx

240noobie wrote:sorry for all the confusion...thats the harness that came with the cluster that your showing me...but we plugged that into my car harness an nothing...so any ideas
It's either you have bad speedometer or bad power supply like I said before. Does dim light turn on your cluster? If not, power supply is bad and there's no way to fix it. If it's on but speed won't display, this is your next step.

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=158878

If that doesn't work, you can buy new speedometer/power supply unit from Nissan dealership or source working unit from eBay/junkyard. I don't recommend JDM digital cluster because you can't switch between MPH and KPH. You get stuck with KPH with JDM digital cluster. USDM digital cluster is much better.

24850 is what you want to buy. Last time I checked, there are only 5 or 6 left in the whole world.
Modified by 94_240sx at 9:12 PM 1/19/2010

john_93 vert
Car: 1993 S13 vert

[QUOTE=94_240sx]

"That harness on your car can be removed from main harness under the dash and needs to be replaced with this one. It's a direct plug in and that's what john_93 vert and I tried to tell you. Price is about $50-$100 because it's one of those highly sought after s13 parts. Finding harness is relatively easy. It's really frustrating when you find out your speedometer doesn't work or power supply is bad."

That is so correct and hence I installed a soldered in splice and extension of the main harness to extend to under the ashtray. Now whenever I have to test a cluster I can grab the "main" from under the ashtray plug in an analog or digital subharness and test any cluster When you have 10 or so clusters laying around this makes it easy !

94_240sx

john_93 vert wrote:That is so correct and hence I installed a soldered in splice and extension of the main harness to extend to under the ashtray. Now whenever I have to test a cluster I can grab the "main" from under the ashtray plug in an analog or digital subharness and test any cluster When you have 10 or so clusters laying around this makes it easy !
you are genius!!! Oh, my god, you don't know how many times I had to drop steering column to just test digital clusters. You know the pain.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

Dude, 94_240sx where do you get all the exclusive jdm stuff?! I want a 9k rpm digital gauge lol, I just have the crappy regular digital one =(

sololock
Car: 91 240sx coupe

its late, so with the analog cluster along with the analog harness can i just plug the harness into the main dash harness and it should work, correct?

94_240sx

sololock wrote:its late, so with the analog cluster along with the analog harness can i just plug the harness into the main dash harness and it should work, correct?
Yes.

240noobie

i have a picture of the usdm and jdm cluster the green one is the jdm and the blue usdm....i was wondering what is that back piece thats connected on the jdm back where the usdm doesnt have it...i was wondering what it does and is it important...

JAYS S14
Car: 1995 240SX

anyone tell me if i can put digital cluster in my 1995 240sx harness are diffrent what do i need to do?

heitzek
Car: Nissan 200sx S13 1990

I've heard you from Spain... :)

This is a project I'm working on and I guess it could suit you when I'm done.

http://200sxReborn.blogspot.com.es/

By the way, does anybody know where to get the male and female plugs for air control, headlight, windscreen wipers, just to not cut anything and make it nice and clean.

Cheers!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”